Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro

Old Feb 15, 2012, 05:55 AM   #1
farzad
macrumors newbie

Question I cannot Install Mac OSX on My Macbook pro !

Everytime I Want To Install My Mac OSX on My Macbook Pro , "I Get This Error : Install Failed , Mac OS x could not be installed on your computer , Installer Encountered an error that caused the installation to fail , contact the software manufacturer for assistance . " I Don't Know Why i Get This Error , Can It Caused By Software Problem Or Hardware Problem ? can it caused by damaged Installition Disk or Crashed DVD Drive ? please help ? ( 2 days ago i dropped my Macbookpro from30-40cm Height ) additional info : ( I Live In Iran , And There Is Not Any Apple Store Here )
farzad is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2012, 05:58 AM   #2
simsaladimbamba

What Mac OS X version is on the DVD and is it the DVD, that came with your Mac?
simsaladimbamba is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2012, 06:08 AM   #3
farzad
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by simsaladimbamba View Post
What Mac OS X version is on the DVD and is it the DVD, that came with your Mac?
Version Is :10.6.3

yes it's dvd that came with my mac .
Old Feb 15, 2012, 06:33 AM   #4
simsaladimbamba

Quote:
Originally Posted by farzad View Post
Version Is :10.6.3

yes it's dvd that came with my mac .
What installation method did you choose?
To create a Clean Install (formerly known as Erase & Install) of Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard (the 29 USD Upgrade DVD is a fully working retail version of Mac OS X and does not need a prior installation of Mac OS X on the Mac), follow one of the following guides:
Old Feb 15, 2012, 06:42 AM   #5
farzad
macrumors newbie

Quote:
What installation method did you choose?
To create a Clean Install (formerly known as Erase & Install) of Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard (the 29 USD Upgrade DVD is a fully working retail version of Mac OS X and does not need a prior installation of Mac OS X on the Mac), follow one of the following guides:
I Inserted Install Disk into my macbook pro , and turned it on , Then Pressed "C" key, and entered to Disk Uitlity then Erased My Mac Hard Drive Completely , then closed disk utility and Continued Installing OS .
Old Feb 15, 2012, 07:12 AM   #6
simsaladimbamba

Is the DVD in okay condition?

Do you have access to any other Mac with optical disk drive (ODD) and Firewire?
Old Feb 15, 2012, 07:20 AM   #7
farzad
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Is the DVD in okay condition?

Do you have access to any other Mac with optical disk drive (ODD) and Firewire?

I Don't Know , I Think One Of These Two ( ODD , Or DVD Disk ) Has A Problem . Yes , My Friend Has Mac book Pro too ,i have to Check My Dvd In Her System , Thank You Very Much For Your Assistance And your Helps . ( Sorry For My Mistakes in Posts , Because My English Is Not Enough Good )
Old Feb 15, 2012, 07:23 AM   #8
simsaladimbamba

Quote:
Originally Posted by farzad View Post
I Don't Know , I Think One Of These Two ( ODD , Or DVD Disk ) Has A Problem . Yes , My Friend Has Mac book Pro too ,i have to Check My Dvd In Her System , Thank You Very Much For Your Assistance And your Helps . ( Sorry For My Mistakes in Posts , Because My English Is Not Enough Good )
You English is okay, I have seen worse from native speakers of English.
But you could stop using a capital letter for beginning every word.

And when you are with your friend, you could try Target Disk Mode, though you need a Firewire cable for that.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 07:38 AM   #9
maflynn

The error is caused by problems with your optical disk drive or your hard drive.

external optical drives are not that expensive, pick up a cheap one and see if you can install OSX, or take the computer to your local computer store (if there is one near by) for them to diagnose the problem. The issue of it being dropped means it won't be covered by the warranty.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 04:15 PM   #10
farzad
macrumors newbie

I Don't Know How To Thank You , But Your Answers Really Really Helped Me , Really Thanks for your helps, I Installed My OS With My OSX USB Backup , And It Worked Fine ,

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro