Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kavier

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 1, 2010
Raleigh, NC
sold my 16gb wifi ipad 2 in december for $450

That's what I had originally posted mine for but got no bites. I am happy w/ $400 though. I don't know if I could have gone w/o since Dec although the extra $50 is nice.

----------

Congrats. That's exactly how much I sold my 16gb WiFi iPad for, and I'm missing it as well. Hopefully we both get our iPad 3's on release day!

Definitely! I will prob be standing in line...don't know if I want to wait for shipping.

----------

My wifi 32gb is still on sale for $500, contact me if you're interested haha!:D

:)

Agent-P

Contributor
Dec 5, 2009
The Tri-State Area
Definitely! I will prob be standing in line...don't know if I want to wait for shipping.

I was planning on standing in line as well. It will be my first experience standing in line for a new Apple release (in the past I've always gone the online route), so I'm looking forward to it.

Nychot

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2011
Today i sold my white ipad2 with applecare and a black roocase/stand for $450. I was asking $485 on cl. Local, legit buyer. i too am hoping the 3 becomes avaiable soon. I do have a hp touch firesale tablet as backup and of course an array of computers. What bothers me is when i get the new one i'm hoping all my apps come back in the folders i made, some 200 apps.

Kavier

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 1, 2010
Raleigh, NC
I was planning on standing in line as well. It will be my first experience standing in line for a new Apple release (in the past I've always gone the online route), so I'm looking forward to it.

Same here!

----------

Today i sold my white ipad2 with applecare and a black roocase/stand for $450. I was asking $485 on cl. Local, legit buyer. i too am hoping the 3 becomes avaiable soon. I do have a hp touch firesale tablet as backup and of course an array of computers. What bothers me is when i get the new one i'm hoping all my apps come back in the folders i made, some 200 apps.

I have some concern about that as well. All went well w/ my iPhone so I am hoping the same happens here.

Agent-P

Contributor
Dec 5, 2009
The Tri-State Area

When I restored from an iCloud backup on my iPad, it placed all my apps back into the folders I made. But I only had about 66 apps, but that shouldn't make a difference.

Peterson8765

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2010
Oregon
I sold my iPad 2 16GB Wi-Fi for $350 cash just a couple weeks ago, I expected to get like $300, but posted it for $350 and got like 20 calls/texts in one day.

dread

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2009
Just sold my wifi 32 gb for 475 today. Relying on my iPhone and macbook air for the next month.

Last year I sold my 32 gb wifi for 375 two days after the iPad was announced. Apple killed the resale value by lowering prices by $100 on the remaining stock. I learned from my mistake and I am $100 better off. Now I have to decide If I want the 4g version this year or maybe a 64 gb.

I hope they do preorders this year. I can't wait in line again this year as I have an infant son who would go crazy after sitting in one place for 7 hours. Especially without an iPad to keep him busy.

Daniel97

macrumors 6502a
Mar 6, 2011
i just sold my 16GB WIFI iPad 2 for £390 ;)

£10 under the RRP here in London.

iPad 3 .. come to me baby!

CalsonicGTR

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2009
Sounds like I got lucky when I sold mine for $425 on craigslist. I listed it at $450 knowing that I wouldn't sell it at that, and got a ton of offers at $400. Waited a few days and found someone willing to pay a little extra. I should be able to make it through the next month without one, but I definitely finding myself missing it in many situations.

M87

macrumors 65816
Jul 18, 2009
I'm not having much luck selling my 64 GB with Verizon 3G so far.

millertime021

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2010
AZ
Just sold my iPad 1, 16GB Wi-Fi + 3G for $335 on eBay.

More than I expected for sure.

Let the iPad 3 wait begin!

falcora

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2011

Yup, restoring from iCloud backup is pretty legit. It restores all your folders, apps, game saves, even my open tabs in safari got restored.

xxBURT0Nxx

macrumors 68020
Jul 9, 2009
Just so you guys know, shipping is usually the way to go in my experience. Sure you can stand in line to make sure that you get your product at 10:00 a.m. but you are going to have to wait overnight (maybe not so bad if you don't live in a cold state) and you run the risk of not getting your device on launch day.

When you preorder and have it shipped to you, apple gives the shipments out to UPS early, and has them set to be delivered the day of release, so you would still get your iPad the same day (maybe a few hours later if UPS comes to your house later in the afternoon). But at least you are ensured a unit, and there have been many occasions where UPS actually delivers a day or two early, so you might get lucky and actually get an iPad before 99% of the rest of the world!

Nothing wrong with either option though... good luck getting your iPad!

Patriot24

macrumors 68030
Dec 29, 2010
California
Glad to see prices are still decent. I am hoping to sell mine and pickup a new model as well.

To be honest, I never understood upgrading every year, but now I see that if you can sell your current model for a decent price, it only really may cost $50-$100 to upgrade each year. That is a pretty good deal in my estimation.

M87

macrumors 65816
Jul 18, 2009
Just so you guys know, shipping is usually the way to go in my experience. Sure you can stand in line to make sure that you get your product at 10:00 a.m. but you are going to have to wait overnight (maybe not so bad if you don't live in a cold state) and you run the risk of not getting your device on launch day.

When you preorder and have it shipped to you, apple gives the shipments out to UPS early, and has them set to be delivered the day of release, so you would still get your iPad the same day (maybe a few hours later if UPS comes to your house later in the afternoon). But at least you are ensured a unit, and there have been many occasions where UPS actually delivers a day or two early, so you might get lucky and actually get an iPad before 99% of the rest of the world!

Nothing wrong with either option though... good luck getting your iPad!

Indeed, it was nice getting the iPhone 4 a day early. The trouble is last year the only way to get an iPad 2 on the day of release was to go to a store.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.