Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Feb 22, 2012, 03:28 PM   #1
FriDay85
macrumors member

iPhone 4 Power, Wake / Sleep Button Not Working

My iPhone Power, Wake / Sleep Button has recently become unresponsive. Having to push really hard to make it work. Today it seems completely dead.

I took it to the Apple Store for them to look at. As it is out of warranty it will cost 119 to replace. I need to think about this before i replace it.

The genius told me about AssistiveTouch and how i could use that to lock the screen.

My only concern is if the iPhone crashes / freezes, the battery runs out, i won't be able to restart it by holding down the power / home button.

Is there away to restart the iPhone if it freezes without pressing the power button?

The genius mentioned that if the battery died and i connected it to power via the usb cable and it would work.

If it froze would connecting it to the power restart it?

Thanks.
FriDay85 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2012, 07:31 AM   #2
Pointerjack
macrumors newbie

Red face

I'm Going to bump this as I am in the exact same position! Really unsure what to do so any help much appreciated!
Pointerjack is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2012, 09:44 AM   #3
normanbates
macrumors regular

Try this

http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Installi...-Button/4332/1
normanbates is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2012, 03:19 AM   #4
My pleasure
macrumors newbie

Plug phone cable in (powered), press and hold button until voice control is activated, release, unplug. Job done.
My pleasure is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting