Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

In line with expectations, The Loop reports that Apple today sent out invitations for a media event scheduled for next week Wednesday, March 7. The event will be held at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts in San Francisco and is scheduled to begin at 10:00 AM Pacific / 1:00 PM Eastern. The tagline on the invitation reads "We have something you really have to see. And touch."

ipad_3_event_invite.jpg

Image from The Verge

Apple is of course expected to introduce the iPad 3 at the event, with an upgraded Apple TV set-top box also reportedly in the plans. Rumors have also suggested that Apple could show off a new high-definition audio format with "adaptive streaming" that could allow Apple's iCloud and iTunes Match services to send varying qualities of audio files to different devices depending on bandwidth and hardware requirements.

Article Link: Apple Issues Invitations for iPad 3 Media Event on March 7

psxp

macrumors 6502
Jan 8, 2008
Finally!

Finally!

Now my nightmares can stop.

btw - CSNBC - so WRONG! Saying there wont be an announcement

iphone1105

macrumors 68020
Oct 8, 2009
Where's the home button?

Its in landscap mode....

I am excited for this, my iPad 1 is chugging along fine, and still does what I need but I haven't purchased any new apple tech in 2 years, so I'm due for something, this may be it....or a macbook air....hmmmmm

Either way iPad 3 ftw!

Tom8

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2010
Retina Display: Confirmed.

Someone get me a frying pan, because i'm about to flip my ****!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.