Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sanhbs

macrumors newbie
May 20, 2009
Sold touchpad to buy iPad3

I ebay'd my 32 GB touchpad for this beautiful gadget. Can't wait!!!

Bodygard

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2009
See and touch...
See = retina
touch = slightly new design, smoother graphics etc maybe

d0vr

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2011
No home button! I know some of you are saying "landscape mode" but the "And touch." part of this is saying no home button! :-D

Well I'd like to think you're right.. but the no dock connector shown lends me to believe it's landscape mode. Could just be clever angles perhaps though. It'll be good for a laugh if there is no home button with all the "landscape" comments made!!

chizzer2003

macrumors member
Oct 2, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

That metal rim deffo looks a shade of black instead of the usual silver... or is it just the lighting?

terraphantm

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2009
Pennsylvania
The screen looks pretty much like it's around 100 PPI to me...

Oh wait, that's because my monitor is running at 100 PPI. :rolleyes:

That picture is taken at a close enough distance that if it was the old display, you should still be able to discern the pixels on a low-res monitor... Assuming it's not a mockup, it definitely looks like a "retina" display.

Sith Vol

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2011
Memphis, TN
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I have a feeling the landscape mode in the invitation refers to the iPad being mirrored on the ATV3. Just a hunch.

DavidLeblond

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2004
Raleigh, NC
I'd like to toss in my 2 cents about the Home button. It's definitely needed on the iPhone. On the iPad? I never use it. I do the pinch maneuver all the time. The only place I'd see it useful on the iPad is children... my daughter's hand doesn't seem to be big enough to tell the iPad she is doing the 4 finger pinch.

r-m

macrumors 6502a
May 7, 2010
Landscape orientation.

Could be landscape?

EDIT: NINJA'D

Its in landscap mode....

It's NOT in landscape mode.
I've just attempted to recreate this shot using my iPad 2 and the bubble cluster (or rain drops, whatever you like..) just above the finger is only visible in portrait mode.
Also, the 3 icons are on the far right edge of the dock (again, identified by the bubble cluster), so this doesn't suggest at all that there's no home button because the shot can be taken without including the home button.

The photo is a mockup, I believe, becuase I just couldn't get the angles right to show the same proportion of icons, bubbles, finger or bezel.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.