Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today updated its Apple Store app [App Store] for iOS to version 2.1, adding several new features and making the app available in the Netherlands for the first time to support the Amsterdam store opening this week.

apple_store_app_account.jpg

Among the most notable additions to the app is a new "Account" section where users can update their billing information and addresses as well as shipping addresses right from the app. Users have until now had to log into their accounts through the Apple website in order to update payment methods if they wished to change them for an in-store EasyPay purchase. Apple also touts the ability for customers in the United States to choose from any of the three iPhone carriers when purchasing an iPhone through the app.
What's New in Version 2.1

- Choose iPhone plans from all three U.S. carriers -- AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint (U.S. Only)
- Make your shopping experience even more convenient with new account management editing and billing options.
- The Apple Store app is now available in the Netherlands.
- Requires iOS 4.3.3 or higher.
Apple rolled out its EasyPay functionality in a major update last November. The feature allows customers to scan the barcodes of any self-service items at an Apple retail store and charge the purchases to their iTunes Store accounts, eliminating the need to track down store employees to conduct the transactions.

Article Link: 'Apple Store' App for iOS Updated with Account Management Features

halhiker

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2006
Useless

They should give an EPP STORE option. Until they do that, this app is useless to me, at least to make purchases.

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
And yet still not Universal!

It’s like living in a Twilight Zone episode...

how do we upgrade our app store app, its not under upgrades in the app storre

App Store changes tend to roll out over a time span—check again in a little while.

dittman

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2007
They should give an EPP STORE option. Until they do that, this app is useless to me, at least to make purchases.

I would like to see that as well. Currently the only way to get the EPP discount in the store is to get an employee, and if the store is packed that takes quite a bit of time.

DribbleCastle

macrumors 6502
Apr 17, 2009
Seattle, WA
iPad Pre Order

I'm betting this is a quick update to make sure everything works with the iPad pre ordering that will be happening late next week.

Blorzoga

macrumors 68030
May 21, 2010
I never found this app to be all that useful.

It's useful when ordering a new Product on launch day. If the website crashes or gets bogged down, the app usually works. I used it for the iPhone launch to reserve a phone when it was impossible to get a response on the website.

newagemac

macrumors 68020
Mar 31, 2010
It's useful when ordering a new Product on launch day. If the website crashes or gets bogged down, the app usually works. I used it for the iPhone launch to reserve a phone when it was impossible to get a response on the website.

Gosh danggit you gave away my secret! Now everybody's gonna do it and it won't work anymore. :(

Adidas Addict

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2008
England
How is this a rumour? Surely an article that was meant to go on the blog, especially today when we have so many iPad 3 and Macbook Pro rumours:confused:

class77

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2010
I never found this app to be all that useful.
I used this app for the first time Saturday. Went to the Apple store to pick up a backup drive. Online, the item was $179.95 . In my local Apple store, it was $199.95. When I called the salesman's attention to the difference, he said he couldn't change the price. I went online, standing in the middle of the Apple store and bought the drive for less than I could have bought it in the store. I picked up the drive, showed my confirmation # and left with my purchase.

It worked great and was really fast.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.