Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iSolidus

macrumors member
Feb 17, 2012
Finally The Netherlands has a decent Apple support now. I'm buying my iPad 3 in the brand spanking new Amsterdam Apple Store.

kiljoy616

macrumors 68000
Apr 17, 2008
USA
I like people so I don't really care of self service anything. I figure for those of anti social discourse it will be a great app, but I like the apple store for its great social contact and service and would never want that to go away.

Yes I am one of those that does not mind waiting 10 minutes to talk to someone and get some feedback. I like connections and do try to actually talk to the same person or person if they are there when I go buy. Old school i guess. :cool:

----------

Quick! Scan the files to find the mention about the 24 core iPad 3 coming out next week! Quick!

Cool and they all run at 8 Mhz :D

Slurpy2k8

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2008
And yet still not Universal!

It’s like living in a Twilight Zone episode...

App Store changes tend to roll out over a time span—check again in a little while.

Not really. I think Apple has the mentality that the apple website is good enough for the iPad, and a specific store app isn't needed. I tend to agree. It's unwieldly to access on the iPhone, hence the app. On the iPad, that isn't a problem. Which is why I don't see them making the app universal.

StefSSU

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2009
London
Apple iPad Media Event counter

not sure where to put this but the counter on the homepage seems to be broken atm - it's showing 4038 days left. Either that or I've got a lot more time to save up cash for the new iPad :D

foodog

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2006
Atlanta, GA
I used this app for the first time Saturday. Went to the Apple store to pick up a backup drive. Online, the item was $179.95 . In my local Apple store, it was $199.95. When I called the salesman's attention to the difference, he said he couldn't change the price. I went online, standing in the middle of the Apple store and bought the drive for less than I could have bought it in the store. I picked up the drive, showed my confirmation # and left with my purchase.

It worked great and was really fast.

great idea

ncaissie

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2011
"Users have until now had to log into their accounts through the Apple website in order to update payment methods if they wished to change them for an in-store EasyPay purchase"

Not true. You can go into settings/Store/Apple ID <<Email>> /View Apple ID/Payment Information.

It has been there as long as I recall.

----------

It's not the "App Store" app, it's the "Apple Store" app that this is about.

Ok. I was thinking App store in iOS. I didn't know there was an Apple Store in iOS. I wonder why they don't use the same account info.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.