Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ILikeTurtles

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 17, 2010
MacRumors is. Just giving my personal observation. I know many will disagree. The rude, snarky comments are uncalled for. Unfortunately, the anonymity of the internet gives people free reign to treat others like ***** and not suffer any repercussions from it.

snberk103

macrumors 603
Oct 22, 2007
An Island in the Salish Sea
MacRumors is. Just giving my personal observation. I know many will disagree. The rude, snarky comments are uncalled for. Unfortunately, the anonymity of the internet gives people free reign to treat others like ***** and not suffer any repercussions from it.

yes, it can be unfortunately. However I have found that the threads that are focussed on a particular ongoing topic tend to have good and helpful people. And the rest I ignore - or bait.... ooooops - did I say that out loud? :)

Apple Key

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2012

Some, but not all are rude and unfriendly. I wouldn't even say most.

This is why I go into bad neighborhoods - to make them a better place. :D

The Californian

macrumors 68040
Jan 17, 2009
Surfers Paradise
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A406 Safari/7534.48.3)

Let me guess, you've been hanging out in the iPhone or iPad subforums?

basesloaded190

macrumors 68030
Oct 16, 2007
Wisconsin
If you think this place is "rude" try getting involved in threads at Engadget!

Thankfully the Verge is a lot better place that people can talk about products.

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK

Certain subforms can come acoss as a tad rude, but takeing the forums as a whole I think they are quite polite. Especially when considering the anonymity of the internet.

pmau

macrumors 68000
Nov 9, 2010
There are forums where you can see who voted you up and down.
Helps a lot to track down stupid idiots who down-vote everything outside their belief-system.

I'll take a bet, -8 after 5 minutes ;)

I agree with the originla poster. People just state their own opinion without even trying to discuss...

Feed Me

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2012
Location Location
Sorry, are you referring to this as a negative? I can't tell from your post.

Can be irritating when you've posted something mildly offending or against the rules and you get warned about it. No biggie.

In place of openly expressing myself on here due to possible reprimands, I've learnt to use equally aggravating smiley faces when delivering bad news. :)

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I'd have to disagree with the OP.

Sure there are plenty of examples of snarky posts, but I think there are even more examples of members helping others, or members engaged in a debate but are being respectful.

With over 10,000 posts a day, There will certainly be posts that are less then respectful.

My recommendation is to not engage those people are being rude and report the post.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
Lots of good information and discussion here...some flaming and sarcasm.

It is worth the flaming, IMO. In my case, the flaming I have experienced was generally deserved.

Just develop a thick skin, it's worth it.:D

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
when i first started hanging out here years ago it was a much tighter knit community. but as it has grown things have gotten to be a bit rougher around the edges, but i suppose thats to be expected.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.