Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jgreen2193

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 1, 2012
I can't figure out a case to get for the iphone 4s, its a tossup between the defender or the commuter with the active holster. I understand the commuter has no apple logo protection, that being said, I have a back screen protector along with the front, and if I used clear packing tape to cover the inside and outside of the RUBBER part where the hole is, this would block the dirt and dust from going on.
Or the defender and id take out the front screen protector that is built in.
What do you all think? I can't decide, I don't want to bulk but I want a holster and protection.

vinathi

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2012
I can't figure out a case to get for the iphone 4s, its a tossup between the defender or the commuter with the active holster. I understand the commuter has no apple logo protection, that being said, I have a back screen protector along with the front, and if I used clear packing tape to cover the inside and outside of the RUBBER part where the hole is, this would block the dirt and dust from going on.
Or the defender and id take out the front screen protector that is built in.
What do you all think? I can't decide, I don't want to bulk but I want a holster and protection.

Defender of couse :) I love my defender. You could drop it off a building and your phone would still work. Haven't tested that though, lol. Bulk isn't that bad, and anyway you can probably find a case you like enough to ignore the bulk. And on ebay you could probably get a defender for like $25 :)

jgreen2193

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 1, 2012
i ended up with the commuter and i ordered the holster

on the weekends i want to put it in my pocket and have protection all the time without having to remove the case

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.