Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded the second preview version of OS X Mountain Lion to developers, building upon the initial developer version released one month ago.

mountain_lion_developer_preview_2.jpg

As noted by The Next Web, Apple has also posted an extensive list of known issues alerting developers to various bugs and missing features that have yet to be addressed.

OS X Mountain Lion is Apple's next major operating system version and is scheduled for release in "late summer". The release will offer greater integration with iCloud, as well as a number of new feature including some drawn from iOS.

Article Link: OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion Developer Preview 2 Seeded to Developers

AppleSpeculator

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2011
I really think they're releasing this today because they know how much of a failure the "new iPad" will be. They're trying to take the focus away from their inability to make a good tablet.

The iPad is an awful tablet and a poor experience compared to the Mac. I love MAC OS X, it's beautiful, intuitive and powerful something which iOS is not!!

edit: no im not John C Dvorak. i dont even know who he is. I was just giving my opinion and now people are bullying me. This forum is not too civil.

Last edited:

kslingo

macrumors member
May 16, 2007
Here's hoping that AirPlay mirroring works with C2D macs :)

I have a 2010 MacBook air and AirPlay mirroring doesn't work :(

Zorn

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2006
Ohio
Can you software update to this from the prior release? Or does it have to be downloaded from the developer center and reinstalled? I want to download this and try it out, but only if it can be updated from within itself, since I don't have regular access to the developer site.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
I really think they're releasing this today because they know how much of a failure the "new iPad" will be. They're trying to take the focus away from their inability to make a good tablet.

Yup, I'm sure their sales figures will bear you out.

I'm sure they'll only sell 3 or 4 new iPads.

Yup.

For sure.

A bust.:rolleyes:

asd789789

macrumors member
Feb 24, 2012
Frankfurt am Main
Noob-Question (new to Mac since Lion):

If I upgrade, will my purchases like Pages or other apps bought via AppStore etc. still be available on Mountain Lion, or do I have to pay again for it?

THX

brdeveloper

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2010
Brasil
A little off-topic but I suggest the following name for the Windows8 (tablet+workstation OS) Apple's counterpart:

"OSXi"

A combination of OS XI (OSX Eleven) plus iOS.

-----------------

Also, the pronounce would be fun "Oh, sexy"

Yamcha

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2008
Looking forward to final release.. Apart from performance improvements it also boots significantly quicker on my Mac Mini 2011:D

wikus

macrumors 68000
Jun 1, 2011
Planet earth.
I hope they fixed Mission Control and gave back 'ALL APP' expose... or at least an option in System Preferences to ungroup windows in the same application. Anyone who multitasks and has to drag/drop items from one app to another (illustrator to photoshop) will know how much of a fail Mission Control is.

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
Noob-Question (new to Mac since Lion):

If I upgrade, will my purchases like Pages or other apps bought via AppStore etc. still be available on Mountain Lion, or do I have to pay again for it?

THX

They'll still be available. Upgrading doesn't touch your Apps, settings, or documents. I would advise against upgrading to a beta OS, though, especially if you don't know what you are doing.

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005
Can you software update to this from the prior release? Or does it have to be downloaded from the developer center and reinstalled? I want to download this and try it out, but only if it can be updated from within itself, since I don't have regular access to the developer site.

No, you have to get another redemption code.

ayedgaf

macrumors newbie
Jun 6, 2011
Los Angeles
i have mountain lion installed but did not get from developer account (got it from a friend), is there way to update without reinstalling the whole thing? thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.