Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio

Old Jun 25, 2005, 08:03 PM   #1
bipolardiscs
macrumors newbie

new to mac. uhm, whats logic express?

thanks to everyone's great input, i got a powerbook pc g4, 1 ghz, 512 sdram (with another chip on the way). it is used, and it came with alot of stuff(programs) i don't think i need for recording, editing, graphics, or video.

i'm also getting the firewire solo, seeing as that is the cheapest way to get the best recording.

everyone has been talking about logic. i got a mac for garageband, but i'm going to switch over. my pb came with logic express. how much different is it from logic?

thanks
bipolardiscs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2005, 08:13 PM   #2
Duff-Man
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolardiscs
everyone has been talking about logic. i got a mac for garageband, but i'm going to switch over. my pb came with logic express. how much different is it from logic?

thanks
Duff-Man says....how about going straight to the horses mouth so to speak:
http://www.apple.com/logicexpress/comparison.html - a nice chart that gives you features of Express vs Pro.....oh yeah!
Old Jun 25, 2005, 08:26 PM   #3
bipolardiscs
macrumors newbie

uhm...thanks...the sun was in my eyes...
bipolardiscs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2005, 02:43 PM   #4
quigleybc
macrumors 68030

Send a message via Skype™ to quigleybc
Logic is the bomb!

Simply put, it is an all-in-one program that is ideal for a home studio or even pro studios.

You can record in high quality, use plug ins, virtual synths, You can use every Garageband loop (Jam packs) You can load Garageband songs seamlessly. There are a bunch of Soft synths that come with Logic too. You can use rewire to combine Logic with Reason 3.0 (Highly recommended)

aaaa what else, oh ya, you can multi track record if you have a mixing board of some sort, (if you wanted to record a band or something) There is so much you can do with logic, and it is a mac based platform which says it all in my opinion.

I for one love Logic, I sold my Pro tools LE (LE = less expensive ) so that I could get Logic instead.

I'm sure there are a ton of features I forgot, but those are some of the biggies. Try a demo or something.
quigleybc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2005, 12:51 PM   #5
Yebot
macrumors 6502

$999
- $299
________
$700
Yebot is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio