Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Site and Forum Feedback

Old Mar 19, 2012, 03:42 PM   #1
Chupa Chupa
macrumors G3

Can't log on w/ Safari 5.1.4

Can't log on w/ Safari 5.1.4. I'm using 5 extensions: click to flash, turn off the lights, shortly, adblock, and evernote. But I have those or similar on Firefox and Chrome as well and have no issue w/ logon. Also no logon issues w/ other sites.

When I try to log on I get the message that my UID/PW was wrong and that I have x of 5 attempts left.

Anyone have any idea how to fix this?
Old Mar 19, 2012, 04:01 PM   #2
arn
macrumors god

Send a message via AIM to arn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chupa Chupa View Post
Can't log on w/ Safari 5.1.4. I'm using 5 extensions: click to flash, turn off the lights, shortly, adblock, and evernote. But I have those or similar on Firefox and Chrome as well and have no issue w/ logon. Also no logon issues w/ other sites.

When I try to log on I get the message that my UID/PW was wrong and that I have x of 5 attempts left.

Anyone have any idea how to fix this?
Can you try turning off all the extensions and trying?

See if they are related or not.

arn
arn is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2012, 11:21 AM   #3
battlekid
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by arn View Post
Can you try turning off all the extensions and trying?

See if they are related or not.

arn
I am having the exact same issue with the latest version of Safari. Login doesn't work for the three vBulletin based forums that I frequently visit.

I only have two plugins, AdBlock and Translate, and disabling them didn't seem to help.

It works fine in Firefox though. And it worked fine before upgrading Safari.

Edit: Problem solved! You need to turn off 32 bit mode (find Safari.app, hit command+I, then uncheck "open with 32 bit mode" (or something like that)).

Last edited by battlekid; Mar 20, 2012 at 11:27 AM.
battlekid is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2012, 01:34 PM   #4
arn
macrumors god

Quote:
Originally Posted by battlekid View Post
I am having the exact same issue with the latest version of Safari. Login doesn't work for the three vBulletin based forums that I frequently visit.

I only have two plugins, AdBlock and Translate, and disabling them didn't seem to help.

Edit: Problem solved! You need to turn off 32 bit mode (find Safari.app, hit command+I, then uncheck "open with 32 bit mode" (or something like that)).
weird. thanks for the solution.

arn
arn is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2012, 04:29 PM   #5
atsysusa
macrumors newbie

Turned on Open in 32 Bit Mode = Works

I checked the Application Info Panel and found that 'Open in 32 Bit Mode' was off. Turned it on = works. Weird.

btw - I had been having trouble signing on to networks at some airports and at Marriott Courtyard Hotels that use iBHAN for their ISP. The URL subscription script would go to 75% completion, quit and restart. Endless loop.

Switched to FireFox - it worked. Typing this now in Firefox but Safari is also running.

Seems to indicate that changing a setting is key to the resolution. It does not seem to matter what setting is changed.
atsysusa is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2012, 06:30 PM   #6
Heebeejeebies
macrumors regular

Quote:

Yay! It worked for me as well. Thanks for the solution.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 12:06 PM   #7
microx7991
macrumors newbie

Send a message via Skype™ to microx7991
Thanks!

Quote:

Thanks a million! Before doing this I couldn't log in to gmail and many other websites!
microx7991 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2012, 03:58 PM   #8
arn
macrumors god

Looks like Apple fixed it

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/03/26/...-safari-5-1-5/
arn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2012, 03:12 AM   #9
tomihasa
macrumors newbie

Send a message via ICQ to tomihasa Send a message via AIM to tomihasa Send a message via Yahoo to tomihasa Send a message via Skype™ to tomihasa
Quote:
Originally Posted by arn View Post
Looks like Apple fixed it
I couldn't see my Gmail inbox or use Google Reader. I didn't try the 32-bit version trick. After the update I can see my Gmail inbox again.
tomihasa is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Site and Forum Feedback