Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MK25toLife

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 7, 2007
I have a number of forums I like to visit and once I leave Safari it logs me out of the forum and I have to keep logging back in. As you can imagine this is extremely annoying. I did some research and people brought up autofill but that doesnt work once I leave Safari. Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can fix this

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Have you tried a different browser? I'm not sure what you are using but I nearly always use my iPad to browse forums. I use the google browser rather than safari and it remembers me just fine. I'm still on a PC at the moment, but again I use Chrome there and it doesn't keep me logged in but will remember my password and user name so it's just a click to get back in.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Assuming that you are checking the "Remember me?" checkbox when logging in, it sounds like you have your web browser set to delete cookies when you Quit. Cookie settings are in your Safari preferences.

If you are using the Safari Cookies cookie manager extension (one I recommend) then you have several options controlling which cookies to keep or remove when you Quit Safari.

MK25toLife

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 7, 2007
I dont know why this got moved from the ipad forum, i am referring to being logged out when using my ipad

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I dont know why this got moved from the ipad forum, i am referring to being logged out when using my ipad
Because it relates to logging into this site, regardless of which device is being used.
If you are using the Safari Cookies cookie manager extension (one I recommend) then you have several options controlling which cookies to keep or remove when you Quit Safari.
Thanks for this suggestion! Very helpful tool!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.