Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services

Old Mar 30, 2012, 09:45 AM   #1
steveleicester
macrumors newbie

What happens to iDisk volume on my macs after June 2012?

I know that iDisk will cease to exist as a cloud based disk after 30th June 2012 and I am preparing to shift to iCloud and other document sync solutions. However, I have a problem with one file. I have a very large LaTeX document that has lots of images, charts, references etc. and the whole thing is currently on my iDisk so that I can work on it from any machine. It would be a nightmare to update the paths to all the files (300 pages) if I shift it to a different location and I am happy to accept that I will only work on it from one machine in the future. My question is, even though iDisk will not sync with MobileMe after 30th June does anyone know if the iDisk volume will still exist on my individual machines as long as I turn syncing off?
steveleicester is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2012, 10:07 AM   #2
thewitt
macrumors 68000

No. They will no longer mount.

Move to DropBox
thewitt is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2012, 08:13 AM   #3
ashameer
macrumors newbie

Turn off local iDisk, your Mac will create a disk image with your iDisk files in it, this can be mounted and used as any other local drive, keeping folder structure etc. intact. Perhaps youŽll have to rename it iDisk.
ashameer is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services