Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

steveleicester

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2008
I know that iDisk will cease to exist as a cloud based disk after 30th June 2012 and I am preparing to shift to iCloud and other document sync solutions. However, I have a problem with one file. I have a very large LaTeX document that has lots of images, charts, references etc. and the whole thing is currently on my iDisk so that I can work on it from any machine. It would be a nightmare to update the paths to all the files (300 pages) if I shift it to a different location and I am happy to accept that I will only work on it from one machine in the future. My question is, even though iDisk will not sync with MobileMe after 30th June does anyone know if the iDisk volume will still exist on my individual machines as long as I turn syncing off?

ashameer

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2009
Turn off local iDisk, your Mac will create a disk image with your iDisk files in it, this can be mounted and used as any other local drive, keeping folder structure etc. intact. Perhaps you´ll have to rename it iDisk.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.