Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

poohat1000

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 11, 2005
London
Hey guys, i have used batch process to make a whole bunch of photos one size. I need to create a single 'photo wall' jpg out of them in which they're all tiled, the long way of doing this is to obv open them all and copy, paste into the psd, then flatten, but thats really, really time consuming. I was wondering if anyone knew if photoshop had any type of auto import & tile feature? I may have to do this a 2nd time with 1000's of images so I'm really hoping there's a more time friendly method.. Thanks

supabooma

macrumors newbie
Feb 19, 2006
InDesign

Do you have InDesign? You can easily import your photos into a large grid automatically and generate a jpeg from there.

poohat1000

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 11, 2005
London
nevermind, worked out the indesign solution, if anyone has a photoshop method though I'd really appreciate it

supabooma

macrumors newbie
Feb 19, 2006
nevermind, worked out the indesign solution, if anyone has a photoshop method though I'd really appreciate it

I believe the only way to do this quickly in photoshop is to create a contact sheet. Try File > Automate > Create Contact Sheet. You should be able to choose the photos, and create a grid with the available options.

You can also achieve this in Adobe Bridge.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.