Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

doubledown7d

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 28, 2011
I'm assuming the 250 posts is a hard and fast rule? I need a phone like yesterday and would trust a place like this more than CL. I don't even have 250 posts in my motorcycle forum I have been on and contributed to for years. It would become my full time job finding posts on here that I can contribute something to as an apple newbie of sorts. :(

Nov 28, 2010
located
eBay?

And there will be no exceptions just because you need one right now. As you still need over 200 posts, you got some posting to do.

And please don't go on a spamming spree, someone tried that two years ago and got 180 posts in one hour, but was ultimately banned.

PS: Some spammers even register an account and come back a year later to spam, but get deleted in a timely fashion anyway, thus there is that rule (amongst other burns).

jj48

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2011
UK
eBay?

And there will be no exceptions just because you need one right now. As you still need over 200 posts, you got some posting to do.

And please don't go on a spamming spree, someone tried that two years ago and got 180 posts in one hour, but was ultimately banned.

PS: Some spammers even register an account and come back a year later to spam, but get deleted in a timely fashion anyway, thus there is that rule (amongst other burns).

eBay is your friend here.

Who knows you might even get a better deal on eBay. Folks on this forum are probably more likely to know the real value they can get for their apple gear.

doubledown7d

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 28, 2011
No need to be rude and hostile sim, just asking a question. I prefer an organized informative forum rather than one junked up too.

Thanks for the reply jj :)

Nov 28, 2010
located
No need to be rude and hostile sim, just asking a question. I prefer an organized informative forum rather than one junked up too.

Thanks for the reply jj :)

My post came across as rude to you? It was not intended that way, just informing you.
I could have of course linked you to all the other threads discussing the same subject (lower post count or lower minimum membership duration to access the Marketplace), but then again, it comes off as rude.

No pleasing I suppose.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
My post came across as rude to you? It was not intended that way, just informing you.
I could have of course linked you to all the other threads discussing the same subject (lower post count or lower minimum membership duration to access the Marketplace), but then again, it comes off as rude.

No pleasing I suppose.

And IMO, this one was even ruder. You're not a moderator, stop acting like one.

doubledown7d

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 28, 2011

No pleasing I suppose.

LOL kinda come across as a Shelden Cooper don't ya. It is OK. No offense taken. I have been around for a while and have found several really nice informative people and posts around here. Unfortunately, that is one of the reasons my post count is not higher, most of my questions have already been answered thouroghly and I tend to use the search function.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.