Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Apr 29, 2012, 01:41 PM   #1
A2DY
macrumors member

ATV3 killing home sharing?

Hi all

I've had atv3 for about a month and all was working perfectly.

Today I had to restore my laptop to factory due to an issue with it. I reinstalled iTunes added all my content etc but now when I try to stream to the ATV using home sharing after 5 mins or so the picture is lost and says I don't have home sharing turned on. iTunes still says its on but none of my other devices (iPhone and iPad) can connect either?

I then have to stop home sharing and start again and all will show again and I can play on my iPad using shared videos fine for as long as I have tested (45 mins) but as soon as ATV connects home sharing is stopped again after about 5 mins.

I have read people having issues with the new iTunes update but can't see how it could be that if I can stream from iTunes to my iPad fine. It's only when ATV tries it stops working. I have tried resetting the ATV back up from scratch but still does it.

Does any only have any ideas?
A2DY is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2012, 03:36 PM   #2
Pooliekaty
macrumors newbie

Hey my ATV has been working perfectly up until last night when it just kept cutting out through a movie and saying loading iTunes library, then was going on about the home sharing. I had to turn the power off to the ATV a few times just to get it to log on to the home sharing. Then did the same Tonight also.
Pooliekaty is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2012, 03:42 PM   #3
A2DY
macrumors member

Thanks for the reply.

I have tried rebooting and resetting and didn't get me anywhere.

I have now also tried uninstalling iTunes and installed iTunes 10.5 but that didn't make any difference.
Then I have tried "repairing" all apple programs on my system (win 7) by going to control panel, uninstall and selecting repair.
Now I have managed to watch a show for 40 minutes and it hasn't dropped off yet. Fingers crossed that has fixed it....

However I still have an issue of when I go to "shared" on my iPads video and look to tv programmes I have two seasons of a show that appear twice and it is missing two other programmes altogether!
A2DY is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2012, 03:54 PM   #4
Pooliekaty
macrumors newbie

Might have to try that, tonight it was just showing loading then managed to watch a programme after rebooting three times I'll have a mess around with it tomorrow on my day off. Seems strange how it hasn't happened once since I got it and now it's every time.
Pooliekaty is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2012, 07:50 PM   #5
LevMac
macrumors 6502

Hopefully with this new update, all our Home Sharing "cut out" issues will be solved !!

Heres hoping..

LevMac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2012, 07:20 AM   #6
T4R06
macrumors 6502a

Check your router
T4R06 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2012, 04:12 AM   #7
bergmef
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4R06 View Post
Check your router
When I updated my router firmware and restarted it, the issue stopped for me.
Old May 22, 2012, 11:25 AM   #8
rlu929s
macrumors regular

I resolved my cut-out issues by removing the home sharing off everything except my Itunes and ATV's.

My issues then went away.

This stinks as you can't use the Apple Remote App, but wasn't a big deal. You can train your IR remotes.
rlu929s is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater