Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
These look nice, I would prefer this over my stick-on Trunket. But I would like something darker, black even, like the Jet Black Trunket.

Catcher

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 17, 2011
I hadn't realised the company was based in Texas. Funny as I'm also waiting on a Saddleback leather sleeve for my iPhone, another company based in Texas.

Maybe I should get me a confederacy flag.

DroidRules

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2010
LOL! I meant just the white/black part of the phone! Could a screen be built into a wood frame?
LoL, I know what you mean I was just being an ass. I doubt you could do that because the front glass and digitizer are glued I believe. I guess if you could just get the LCD it could be done. Way more work than it's worth probably.

Catcher

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 17, 2011
Well I am officially disappointed with Monolith's customer service. Ordered on May 4 and received confirmation that it would take a week to a week-and-a-half to post. An email from me after a week asking for an estimate of shipping time got no reply. An email after 10 days got no reply and a further email yesterday got no reply.
I emailed lucky labs with a shipping enquiry about some decal wraps and got a response 5 hours later.
Not good.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
Well I am officially disappointed with Monolith's customer service. Ordered on May 4 and received confirmation that it would take a week to a week-and-a-half to post. An email from me after a week asking for an estimate of shipping time got no reply. An email after 10 days got no reply and a further email yesterday got no reply.
I emailed lucky labs with a shipping enquiry about some decal wraps and got a response 5 hours later.
Not good.

That kind of sucks. I only emailed them once, but heard back right away. But I'm glad you let us know. Maybe if they won't respond to email post on there Facebook page.

Catcher

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 17, 2011
Got a response 10 minutes after posting on Facebook. They're posting the back today.

I was emailed that it would be sooner but the site advises 1-2 weeks and this is just within that.

Looking forward to getting it now.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
Got a response 10 minutes after posting on Facebook. They're posting the back today.

I was emailed that it would be sooner but the site advises 1-2 weeks and this is just within that.

Looking forward to getting it now.

Glad to hear the issue is hopefully resolved. Let us know what you think of it, I still want one myself.

james92se

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
Dallas, TX
That's pretty sweet, it took me a minute looking at the pictures that it's actually a full replacement back. At first I thought it was just some sort of overlay. Not sure if I'd want to spend $55 for it though

BTW - I take by some of your spelling and using the word "post" that you're not from America. I guess that explains your association of Texas with the confederate flag (which I would think most people would more quickly associate with some other true "deep south" state) :confused:

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
Ill post a review up with pics as soon as it gets here.

I was waiting for your review, but today the Wenge went for sale on the site, so I ordered one. I still want to know what you think when you get yours though.

Catcher

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 17, 2011
I was waiting for your review, but today the Wenge went for sale on the site, so I ordered one. I still want to know what you think when you get yours though.

Should be arriving any day soon. I also get my camera back from repair this weekend so Ill make an effort to post up a good review with pictures.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
Should be arriving any day soon. I also get my camera back from repair this weekend so Ill make an effort to post up a good review with pictures.

Hopefully you get it soon then. I hope mine is quicker than the 1-2 weeks it says on the site. I'm very impatient.

Catcher

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 17, 2011
Arrived on Friday. Love it. Will post up pics as soon as I can. Trying to buy a house which my wife thinks is more important than posing up pictures of a wooden iPhone back.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
Arrived on Friday. Love it. Will post up pics as soon as I can. Trying to buy a house which my wife thinks is more important than posing up pictures of a wooden iPhone back.

Great, congrats on buying a house too.

DuckSoup

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2008
Upstate Central NY
That DOES look sharp. I wish though they had a white birch color for the white phone. I just do not think that would look right on a white iPhone 4s.

Mike

Edit: oops. I should have shopped the page. I see they have a maple that looks like it MIGHT go good with a white phone. Still I wish they'd consider a white birch bark color.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.