Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stfwayne

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2011
Want quality and the best customer service

Jackbacks

I ordered a custom back from them and it cracked and they sent me a brand new one at no charge

Very very high quality iPhone back from Jackbacks and the customer service, from prompt email response to the replacement being sent out, is unbelievable!

It's cases like these where an extra 15-30 bucks goes a long way

pocketdoc

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2008
I had nothing but excellent service and responsiveness from this company. They backs are very well made and add not bulk to the phone.

Trunket and others are nice, but they do add thickness to the phone.

My opinion...

james92se

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
Dallas, TX
I hate returning items, but I think I may return it and order from here instead:

http://sledmade.com/collections/all/products/pack-1

That's kinda neat. At first I was like wtf is that strap thing, but interesting idea. My brother has a case with a card holder built into it.

I hate traditional wallets and over the past few years have gone to slimmer and slimmer "front pocket wallets" all of which I still found to be too bulky. I now resort to just using a rubber band around my cards (and cash on the rare occasions I carry any). I've been doing this for a year or two now. I think I would like one of those types of cases/backs that hold your cards but I work in gubbamint and have this annoyingly oversized ID card I have to carry so it rules all that stuff out. Plus, I don't know that I'd spend $110 for that!

My monolith back has actually departed the Austin sort facility so it may be here today, if not definitely tomorrow.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
That's kinda neat. At first I was like wtf is that strap thing, but interesting idea. My brother has a case with a card holder built into it.

I hate traditional wallets and over the past few years have gone to slimmer and slimmer "front pocket wallets" all of which I still found to be too bulky. I now resort to just using a rubber band around my cards (and cash on the rare occasions I carry any). I've been doing this for a year or two now. I think I would like one of those types of cases/backs that hold your cards but I work in gubbamint and have this annoyingly oversized ID card I have to carry so it rules all that stuff out. Plus, I don't know that I'd spend $110 for that!

My monolith back has actually departed the Austin sort facility so it may be here today, if not definitely tomorrow.

I actually like the Runner in Bourbon better, but I think I want the strap. I'm the same way with my wallet, the fewer things I can carry the better.

I hope you get your Monolith today, let me know how you like it.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
I think Sledmade may have lost my business by not responding to my questions, I was ready to order too. Any other suggestions on the BEST rear backplate? I know everyone opinion is different, but I want something nice. I like the idea of the leather.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008

How do you like yours? I really like mine, but I hate the brown color of the Wenge. I ordered a Sled Made even though there communication sucks. I heard from them once, but now have been waiting for a response about a question on my order.

james92se

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
Dallas, TX
Sorry forgot to update this.

I like mine a lot. The maple I think looks fantastic with the white phone. The only issue I have is with the flash cover. I don't know if it's glass or plastic but you can actually see it THROUGH the wood. It's the first thing I noticed when I opened the box and at first I thought it was a dirt smudge or wood discoloration or something but then realized it was the flash cover/lens thing. If you look on the inside of the back, they actually bevel out a section right around the flash opening and glue in a rectangular piece. I guess the combination of the wood being so light and the wood being even thinner in that spot where they beveled it out makes for it being visible through the wood.

You can kind of see it in my picture here (it's a lot more noticeable in person) - the darker rectangular area around flash opening:

7c3fb202.jpg

This isn't a huge deal but it is pretty noticeable. I still like it a whole bunch despite that. Other than that, I've noticed it's starting to discolor particularly where my fingers rest on the back when I'm holding it. It's not like my hands are dirty or anything, but I guess the wood is somewhat absorbent or something.

Is there any way to clean these things?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.