Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WLS

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2008
I have an old gen1 and I use it with a Yamaha music player in the dinning room. It's especially cool for that as the gen1 had the Wolfson audio chip which most agree is the superior chip for music in iPods.
You can also use yours for a player in the car if so equipped and you won't have to worry so much if it gets stolen. I'd never sell mine, it's still great.

It'sMyPrecious

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2012
Between heaven and hell
So I have an old iPod Touch 2 that I don't use anymore. What should I do with it?

Me too! I use it as a paper weight; it's very effective and keeps the paper from flying off the table at the slightest breeze.

Seriously though, I leave it on my old iHome and play music with it when I feel like it.

Or you can sell it on ebay for ~$50, depending on its condition.

NewbieCanada

macrumors 68030
Oct 9, 2007
Sell it, or give it to a friend or relative, or keep it as a backup for when your current device is broken, lost or stolen.

iphone1105

macrumors 68020
Oct 8, 2009
Why not give it to a family member or friend who would love to use it, thats what I do with most of my old gear, especially since not everyone spoils themselves, it'd be a fun gift to give!

Locoman

macrumors newbie
Dec 15, 2011
I gave mine to my wife, when I got my iPad. She listens to audio books on it while at home or on the road.

TheSuperSteve

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2011
Puerto Rico
I made a thread like this before and lots of people offered great suggestions. I still ended up boxing my iTouch 2 though. I’m “using” my iTouch 4. I used quotes because only use it on that rare moment when I have nothing to do at the gym but cardio due to massive soreness all over my body from weight lifting. At that point I use it for watching video as I run on the treadmill.

Roy G Biv

macrumors 6502
Dec 26, 2010
If you were an attractive woman, you could chuck it at a random stranger and yell, "You've been 'Touched by an Angel'!"

Have someone record it, and you could be an internet meme.

J&JPolangin

macrumors 68030
Jul 5, 2008
Close to a boarder, in Eu
Older hardware is great for use in your car, I have a 60Gb iPod photo in one car and an 8Gb Nano in my other car = they get broken into and stolen its not my newest toy being taken...

I also have given older hardware to family and friends for their younger childern when I've had the urge to upgrade unnecessarily :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.