Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games

Old May 8, 2012, 11:34 AM   #1
Harlow
macrumors newbie

Angry Birds Space Missing from Mac App Store

Noticed something really odd the other day when hopping on a a Mac of mine and reinstalling some games - Angry Birds Space - one of the recent best selling Mac games - has gone missing from the Mac App Store! Sure it is still available on the iOS and other platforms, I just found the missing Mac version (for a few days now!) rather befuddling.

Their official site has a dead link where the Mac App Store icon points.
http://space.angrybirds.com/launch/

Searching for it in the Mac App Store returns no results.
http://imgur.com/lNdfe

The previous Angry Birds games are there...
http://imgur.com/qx5x9

I was just shocked that such a popular app is now unavailable and haven't seen any explanation why! Was it pulled for a bug or some other reason or disagreement? I attempted to contact Rovio support about the issue but have not yet received any response (but it has only been a day...)
Harlow is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2012, 07:10 PM   #2
JMay9
macrumors newbie

The game was updated with new levels a few days ago, and a very serious bug occurred in the OS X version that caused all progress to be erased and prevented new progress from being saved.

As a result, Rovio pulled the game entirely to prevent people from updating.
JMay9 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2012, 11:23 PM   #3
Sylon
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMay9 View Post
The game was updated with new levels a few days ago, and a very serious bug occurred in the OS X version that caused all progress to be erased and prevented new progress from being saved.

Thanks for the info. Its a good thing I didn't update mine. I didn't even know they pushed an update for it.
Old May 8, 2012, 11:25 PM   #4
murrayE
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMay9 View Post

Sure wish I had known about the bug when I updated the other day before the app was pulled: lost my levels. Fortunately I had not had time to progress very far by then.
murrayE is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games