How to I keep my iPod safe? - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old May 20, 2012, 11:05 AM   #1
Ariii
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via ICQ to Ariii Send a message via AIM to Ariii Send a message via MSN to Ariii Send a message via Yahoo to Ariii
How to I keep my iPod safe?

I'm sort of accident-prone with this, so I need at least something to stop it from becoming lost forever. Right now, I have a note with my name and phone number enclosed in the 'notes' section (I have 5th-gen and 2nd-gen Nanos that I carry around, will soon get a 3rd-gen Classic). Would people usually read this, or should I do something different? I've heard that some people use tracking devices on theirs, would that be practical to do with mine? I've heard that some people put tracking devices on theirs, so would this be practical to do?
Tumblr
Ariii is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2012, 11:12 PM   #2
macingman
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariii View Post
I'm sort of accident-prone with this, so I need at least something to stop it from becoming lost forever. Right now, I have a note with my name and phone number enclosed in the 'notes' section (I have 5th-gen and 2nd-gen Nanos that I carry around, will soon get a 3rd-gen Classic). Would people usually read this, or should I do something different? I've heard that some people use tracking devices on theirs, would that be practical to do with mine? I've heard that some people put tracking devices on theirs, so would this be practical to do?
Perhaps people would look at notes though I doubt it. I don't think there is any feasible tracking solution for iPod Nanos/Classics only for iOS devices which have FindMyiPhone installed.

The best way is to just make sure the iPod stays in your pocket and you don't forget it. Statistically the more we worry about something happening the more likely it will happen.
Old May 25, 2012, 04:54 PM   #3
Ariii
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via ICQ to Ariii Send a message via AIM to Ariii Send a message via MSN to Ariii Send a message via Yahoo to Ariii
Quote:
Originally Posted by macingman View Post
Perhaps people would look at notes though I doubt it. I don't think there is any feasible tracking solution for iPod Nanos/Classics only for iOS devices which have FindMyiPhone installed.

The best way is to just make sure the iPod stays in your pocket and you don't forget it. Statistically the more we worry about something happening the more likely it will happen.
Oh, I just lost it . But thanks! I was on a bus, my two Nanos were in my pocket, and I can't see them anywhere. Will soon call the bus company.

But I'm going to buy a third-generation Classic though! Is there any cheaper iPod though? I use 20 GB for my music.
Tumblr
Ariii is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2012, 06:15 AM   #4
Julien
macrumors 68040

Quote:
...Will soon call the bus company. ....
Sorry to hear but the will be an hour long "run around" that will bring you 360.
Julien is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2012, 08:17 AM   #5
macingman
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Oh, I just lost it . But thanks! I was on a bus, my two Nanos were in my pocket, and I can't see them anywhere. Will soon call the bus company.

But I'm going to buy a third-generation Classic though! Is there any cheaper iPod though? I use 20 GB for my music.
Wait, so you made this thread saying you were accident prone and then within 24 hours, you actually lost the iPods? Or am I wrong?

If I'm right you really are accident prone!

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod