Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Old May 23, 2012, 07:36 AM   #1
chiproop
macrumors newbie

iPhone Bluetooth Connection NOT SUPPORTED

Hey folks!

I'm pretty stumped by this - I tried doing a bluetooth connection with my iPhone 4S after I installed 10.8, and the phone is telling me when it tries to connect that my laptop isn't supported.

Does this mean that the Dev Copy of 10.8 I have right now isn't currently compatible with the iPhone? Is there a fix around this?

Last edited by chiproop; May 23, 2012 at 09:30 AM.
chiproop is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2012, 07:58 AM   #2
FSMBP
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiproop View Post
Hey folks!

I'm pretty stumped by this - I tried doing a bluetooth sync with my iPhone 4S after I installed 10.8, and the phone is telling me when it tries to sync that my laptop isn't supported.

Does this mean that the Dev Copy of 10.8 I have right now isn't currently compatible with the iPhone? Is there a fix around this?
I did not know that an iPhone can sync data from your Mac via Bluetooth. I always thought you can only sync via the 30pin connector or WiFi (or Cloud services).
Old May 23, 2012, 08:10 AM   #3
chiproop
macrumors newbie

What I meant was the devices are connecting together. I noticed this when I was trying to use Keynote Remote and it wouldn't connect to the laptop.

When I go to my bluetooth setting on my phone and computer - they see each other, but when they try to connect, the phone says the laptop is not supported.

Last edited by chiproop; May 23, 2012 at 09:31 AM.
chiproop is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion