Damaged .mov file - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video

Old May 28, 2012, 12:27 PM   #1
karatedave5
macrumors newbie

Damaged .mov file

Recently I shot some footage using a JVC GY-HM100u camera using a Transcend SDHC card and upon trying to download the footage to my Imac using 10.7.4 with Final Cut pro 10.0.4 I found that it said the card was damaged. I was able to use a program to which appears to have recovered files from the card but I cannot open them in anything. they are .mov files It seems I need to repair them or something.

Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do as I really need the footage.

Thank You
karatedave5 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2012, 01:34 PM   #2
diamond3
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by karatedave5 View Post
Recently I shot some footage using a JVC GY-HM100u camera using a Transcend SDHC card and upon trying to download the footage to my Imac using 10.7.4 with Final Cut pro 10.0.4 I found that it said the card was damaged. I was able to use a program to which appears to have recovered files from the card but I cannot open them in anything. they are .mov files It seems I need to repair them or something.

Thank You
I've found VLC to play some .mov files that quicktime wouldn't. I'd try it out and then maybe export it if it works.
diamond3 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2012, 05:51 AM   #3
Robert24
macrumors newbie

About MOV file repair on Mac

Hi,

I am a Mac user and some time ago i had similar problems as my MOV file got corrupted. I would suggest you to first mov using repair mov mac utility which i used and then try to convert into other MOV file. If you have any problem in downloading software, don't be shy to reply back. Good Bye!
Robert24 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2012, 02:40 AM   #4
Tennesseeguy
macrumors newbie

I think you should know exactly what's wrong with the MOV video. If it is just that the first few frames are imcomplete, you can use a repair software to fix it. But if every frame is damaged beyond repair, in which case you're out of luck.
Tennesseeguy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 08:44 AM   #5
AeroQTech
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by karatedave5 View Post
Hi karatedave5,

In case you still the footage back then you could diagnose the unplayable files restored from your card using MP4repair.org. It will show you the chances to repair those files.

In case no good results are found then using you iMac you could scan your card again using Treasured.

--Javier
AeroQTech is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video