Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Jun 2, 2012, 05:49 AM   #1
TheSacredSoul
macrumors 6502

Any way to make status bar transparent only for lockscreen and springboard?

I tried to used the Transparent Status Bar from Cydia but it makes the status bar transparent in every app. This wouldnt be a problem but with some apps, the background is white and as the font is also white, its hard to read the status bar.

so is there anyway to just make statusbar transparent for just the LS and SB? Thanks!

A visual representation of my problem :

Last edited by TheSacredSoul; Jun 2, 2012 at 05:58 AM.
TheSacredSoul is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2012, 02:45 PM   #2
MastahRiz
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSacredSoul View Post

so is there anyway to just make statusbar transparent for just the LS and SB? Thanks!
I believe the status bar PNGs are different for different scenarios, eg lockscreen and SB use one PNG, while some apps use another, and the photos app uses yet another different PNG for the status bar.

To theme them individually, you would need to edit them manually, which would require extracting them from the .artwork file:

//System/Library/Frameworks/UIKit.framework/Shared@2x.artwork

then you would need to edit them, and then recompile them into an .artwork file. Luckily the LS and SB use the same PNG, named Translucent_Base.png OR Translucent_Base@2x.png (depends on your iDevice).

To do all that, you'd need to use python.

If you're up to that, then have a look here:

http://modmyi.com/forums/general-iph...-tutorial.html

It will tell you everything you need to know.

(Unless there is a winterboard theme for only LS and SB status bar transparency.)

Last edited by MastahRiz; Jun 6, 2012 at 02:46 PM. Reason: sp
MastahRiz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2012, 03:01 PM   #3
unknownx
macrumors regular

I did this..

Install Blackout-tweak on cydia, Respring, Then activate Transparent Status Bar in Winterboard..

You will now get a transparent bar on Lockscreen & Homescreen, and a Black nice bar in every app
unknownx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2013, 04:18 PM   #4
a2k
macrumors member

Doesn't work with photo app when selecting folders :-(
a2k is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2013, 02:04 AM   #5
kane4lsu21
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknownx View Post
I did this..

Install Blackout-tweak on cydia, Respring, Then activate Transparent Status Bar in Winterboard..

You will now get a transparent bar on Lockscreen & Homescreen, and a Black nice bar in every app
Dude!! Thanks so much! I've literally been searching for 2 hours now and this was the only thing that worked. I didn't have to buy any tweaks either.. Awesome! Just awesome!!
kane4lsu21 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2013, 04:41 AM   #6
iALLOUT4eva
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kane4lsu21 View Post
Dude!! Thanks so much! I've literally been searching for 2 hours now and this was the only thing that worked. I didn't have to buy any tweaks either.. Awesome! Just awesome!!
Does this work with Emphasize?
iALLOUT4eva is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2013, 07:37 AM   #7
lukejc1
macrumors 6502

Flex has a tweak in the cloud that does exactly what you want. It's called "Transparent Status Bar" and it makes the Lockscreen and homescreen status bars transparent while leaving the apps alone.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	93
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	411808  
lukejc1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2013, 09:38 AM   #8
iALLOUT4eva
macrumors regular

Does this work with Emphasize?
iALLOUT4eva is offline   0 Reply With Quote