Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SamGabbay

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 15, 2011
Way to many threads about how iOS 6 is a flop.

I am here to say I LOVE the new Update and anyone who feels the same way...

Post away!

cadillac1234

macrumors regular
Aug 20, 2010
Maps and a simple turn-by-turn navigation were the only thing I see that Android had over iOS.

That has been taken care of.

Siri on the new IPad and and airplay on OSX have made me very, very happy.

I don't want a UI change. I love the UI...I want more features.

matttye

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2009
Lincoln, England
Maps and a simple turn-by-turn navigation were the only thing I see that Android had over iOS.

- What about quick toggles for Bluetooth/WiFi etc?
- What about the share API (so you can share to all of your services, not just the ones of Apple's choosing) ?

Jordan921

macrumors 603
Jul 7, 2010
Bay Area
Having Apples own mapping app and turn by turn navigation made me happy. The new stuff Siri can do is also welcome. I can't wait to update to iOS 6!

kiwiboi87

macrumors 6502
Aug 30, 2011
New Zealand
from what iv sen and read,
I'm happy with it

the iPhone 4, seems to be getting most of it
and thats great

I'm looking forward to spring when it comes out

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011

Well, according to CNET, Android is killing iPhone because it has icons in the status bar so...

- What about the share API (so you can share to all of your services, not just the ones of Apple's choosing) ?

Just like the "feature" up above, if this is really the sole reason why you pick an Android phone over an iPhone then you must be one of those people who are never happy with anything they get.

matttye

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2009
Lincoln, England
Well, according to CNET, Android is killing iPhone because it has icons in the status bar so...

Just like the "feature" up above, if this is really the sole reason why you pick an Android phone over an iPhone then you must be one of those people who are never happy with anything they get.

It's not why I choose Android, I was just listing a couple of features that are widely recognised as being superior on Android - even by Apple users.

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011
It's not why I choose Android, I was just listing a couple of features that are widely recognised as being superior on Android - even by Apple users.

I do agree that they're useful features I would enjoy.

Does that automatically make Android the ultimate superior OS? No, not at all. It's something that I would enjoy, but I don't think Android is any better.

To be honest, I think that Windows Phone is the best mobile OS.

matttye

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2009
Lincoln, England
I do agree that they're useful features I would enjoy.

Does that automatically make Android the ultimate superior OS? No, not at all. It's something that I would enjoy, but I don't think Android is any better.

To be honest, I think that Windows Phone is the best mobile OS.

I was responding to this part of the person I quoted's comment:

"Maps and a simple turn-by-turn navigation were the only thing I see that Android had over iOS."

I wasn't suggesting Android was better (although I do believe that - for phones anyway).

cadillac1234

macrumors regular
Aug 20, 2010

for me...meh

Would be a feature that may save me two clicks here and there but nowhere near the frustration trade off of dealing with Android... I had a Droid from my previous job and hated that thing

matttye

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2009
Lincoln, England
for me...meh

Would be a feature that may save me two clicks here and there but nowhere near the frustration trade off of dealing with Android... I had a Droid from my previous job and hated that thing

You probably just had a bad phone. All of Apple's phones have been flagship, to get a similar experience on Android you need to buy a flagship phone from a top manufacturer.

CrzyP

macrumors 6502
Mar 14, 2012

I just saw this first look video on YouTube. There aren't quick toggles BUT they did move the Bluetooth toggle out of the settings>general. Now it's grouped in on the main settings menu where the airplane mode and WiFi toggles are.

http://youtu.be/C7YpXPCYBQ0

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.