Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rawdawg

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 7, 2009
Brooklyn
Sorry to add to another one of these threads. But I hear a lot of conflicting thoughts regarding this.

I looked into building a Hackintosh 2 years ago but never went through (figured a decent MP would be around the corner!).

I do NOT want to spend time maintaining this thing. I would be fine wasting a day of my life building it but I in no way 'enjoy' anything computer science related so having to maintain this I would much rather spend the money on a real MP. That is unless I completely jumped ship and bought a PC.

If I went Hackintosh I would hope to get it up and running and never update -- this could potentially hold me off until a real MP update. What is the best source for todays components for such a machine?

The other option I'm seriously considering is simply going to PC for Adobe use alone and everything Mac related I'll stay on my MPB. I know nothing about PCs. What would a machine cost (compared to what we were expecting before yesterday)?

Simplicated

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2008
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
So easy you can't believe you were making OS X into a PC. Check out the sites mentioned by maflynn above, they're great resources and will help you choose the perfect hardware to run OS X on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.