Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Jun 16, 2012, 04:48 PM   #1
marcoloveslaure
macrumors newbie

US Warranty in Europe

Hi all! I bought an Ipod in the states in October 2010. I now have issues and need a reparation. The US Warranty is one year, the EU one is 2 years, whici one applies?
marcoloveslaure is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2012, 05:19 PM   #2
spt
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcoloveslaure View Post
Hi all! I bought an Ipod in the states in October 2010. I now have issues and need a reparation. The US Warranty is one year, the EU one is 2 years, whici one applies?
The US warranty. As you bought it in the US, European consumer law does not apply.
spt is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2012, 06:08 PM   #3
gnasher729
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcoloveslaure View Post
In the EU, you get a manufacturer's warranty (which is entirely voluntariy, but Apple gives you one year), and a seller's warranty (which is not simply "2 years", but a bit more complicated and discussed a lot here). Since you bought the iPod in the USA, EU store warranty doesn't apply to you. Whatever manufacturer warranty Apple gives in the EU also doesn't apply. You need to check your own US warranty terms, and Apple may or may not cover repairs outside the USA under their US warranties.
gnasher729 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod