Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nychot

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2011
I used an orange mcover by ipearl on my mbp that i just sold. Its similar to what you have. I bought the same mcover in orange for my new 13" mba. Works perfectly. Protects and mine never scratched or dented. Its for the purpose of protection.

Satnam1989

macrumors 65816
Nov 16, 2011
Illinois
I hav exactly that...but is clear and the apple logo is cut out:) I wanted it that way:D its also rubber rather than shiny plastic kind...I got it from ebay as well and the seller was located in Hong Kong...came with a keyboard protector that I found too thick and didn't end up using and it also came with screen protector...which wasn't necessary but I did end up putting it on for the heck of it since I got it with the purchase.

I had the exact same that I have for my MBAir now on my MBP which I held on to for about 8.5months...Served me great honestly...protected my MBP from many dings...my cousin he has a MBAir and he hit something while it was in his back pack and the thing got dented from a corner....all because he didn't hav a hard plastic case over it....because the MBAir is so thin I would recommend it..sure it adds a slightly unnoticeable amount of weight but considering a $1700+ purchase its worth it for the $25 I spent. I have gotten many of my extended family members to invest the ~$25 to get the plastic casing who have kids in the house or travel with their Mac's.

As for me its imp to protect my purchases bc I hav to recoup as much as possible down the line to re-invest into a new macbook.

palpatine

macrumors 68040
May 3, 2011
iPearl. I like it.

[EDIT:] Feet came off today. *sigh* It doesn't affect performance at all, and I am not even sure it matters, but thinking about returning it nonetheless.

Last edited:

mcbiz

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2011
was using an incipio featherlight, but I didn't really like the way it felt and the clicking sound it made when opening and closing the computer...just got the incase (blueberry, matte) perforated shell for my 13inch MBA and so far I'm pretty in to it. Makes gripping / carrying around the computer easier. Does add a little bit of weight, but I think it's worth it for the extra protection.

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
I've had a Speck plastic hard case on my late 2010 11" MBA ever since I got it because I love the way it looks and I've only taken it off once to get a new case because I was getting small cracks. Didn't notice any dents on it. I'll be doing the same to my new 11" once it arrives.

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
I really recommend a skin, I personally use BSE - bestskinsever.com since they are cheaper and real cut well. Total body skin is about $28. Put the top and bottom and wrist rests on and skip the trackpad. Then get a decent sleeve. I like the STM Jacket series as they have a handle and are versatile as a standalone back or great for in a backpack.

dominicdiep

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 11, 2012
I just put it on and it snaps perfectly into the shape. My only worry now though is that the sides which grip onto the bottom of the air are scratched a bit because i kind of had to force it in. but the only way to check is to take it out, no point now though. :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.