Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Higgie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 10, 2012
London
Anyone else having this trouble?

I go into System Preferences>Desktop & Screensaver. I have a folder in my Pictures directory called Wallpapers, with lots of sub-folders depending on the genre (one for TV/Film, Video Games, Landscapes etc.) and so I click the plus sign to add the folders for me to choose my background from. I choose my background and close the Desktop Preferences.

So now I want to change my Desktop background again. I open it back up, and all the folders have disappeared again (save for the folder in which my current Desktop background resides).

Anyone else having this problem, and/or know a way to solve it?

Running a brand new Mid 2012 MBP 13" and Lion.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-06-29 at 02.38.49.png
    Screen Shot 2012-06-29 at 02.38.49.png
    151.2 KB · Views: 210
  • Screen Shot 2012-06-29 at 02.39.53.png
    Screen Shot 2012-06-29 at 02.39.53.png
    148.4 KB · Views: 133

Higgie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 10, 2012
London
These pictures are taken about 30 seconds apart. Literally my method is:

Open preferences
Add folders
Choose desktop background
Close preferences
Open preferences

And they've all disappeared. This was never a problem for me on my iMac running Snow Leopard! I've tried rebooting, removing com.apple.systempreferences.plist, but still to no avail. No one else having this problem?

----------

Ok a little more info I just discovered in case it helps.

If I'm in Desktop preferences and I add all my folders, when I click the back button to get back to the System Preferences panel, and then go back into Desktop preferences, they are all still there. The problem only seems to arise once I have closed the Preferences app, and then open it again.

Gaviotica2011

macrumors newbie
Feb 24, 2011
I never had this problem while using Lion, but I'm having it with Mountain Lion after changing my hard drive (I took it to the genius bar to change it). It's a really annoying bug and I don't know bow to fix it. Any help would be appreciated

Co-T

macrumors newbie
Aug 29, 2012
Last edited:

Gaviotica2011

macrumors newbie
Feb 24, 2011
From what I've read over at Apple Support forums this is a Mountain Lion bug, it wasn't solved by the 10.8.1 update, I hope it is fixed on the next update. Do any of you know of a way, apart from the forums, of letting Apple know of this bug so they can address it at an upcoming update?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.