Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Jul 28, 2005, 12:22 AM   #1
xsedrinam
macrumors 68040

Tomorrow we send my wife's iBookG3 to AppleCare....

...for the third time, with the same logic board malfunction which is common knowledge with this model. Anyone know of a more efficient way to go about it other than:
1-call AppleCare at the 1-800 number
2-describe problem and request box to be sent to us.
3-wait for box to come, pack and resent to Apple at the drop sight
4-Hope they replace the logic board, repair the CD tray and use some better resin that what's reportedly caused the older logic board failure?
Thanks
X
xsedrinam is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2005, 12:38 AM   #2
ChrisFromCanada
macrumors 65816

Wait until you have to do it 3 times, raise a little hell on the phone and get a brand new G4 ibook.
30GB iPod Video
Sony DCR-PC105
ChrisFromCanada is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2005, 12:42 AM   #3
xsedrinam
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromCanada
Wait until you have to do it 3 times, raise a little hell on the phone and get a brand new G4 ibook.
I could readily go for your second and third points. Customer loyalty and reward seem to be a wanning practice. Thanks for spending a comment on us.
X
xsedrinam is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2005, 01:39 AM   #4
staticdisaster
macrumors newbie

Send a message via AIM to staticdisaster
My aunt's 2 year old iBook G3 w/Applecare last week had a logic board failure for the 4th time. My aunt complained loud enuff this time around and now Apple's going to send a new laptop (one of the ones released just yesterday!).
staticdisaster is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2005, 01:53 AM   #5
katie ta achoo
macrumors 601
Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by staticdisaster
My aunt's 2 year old iBook G3 w/Applecare last week had a logic board failure for the 4th time. My aunt complained loud enuff this time around and now Apple's going to send a new laptop (one of the ones released just yesterday!).

Ooooo. Nice upgrade!

Hehe, if someone didn't know that they would just replace it, I can see the call:
"Hey, AppleCare? My iBook is SOO much faster now! What did you do to it?"

Old Jul 28, 2005, 03:15 AM   #6
MacRy
macrumors 68020

I can only sympathize i'm afraid. My G4 iBook went back to Apple yesterday because of a problem with the screen that they didn't fix the last time that it went back. The first time I had it repaired (they replaced the logic board) I had to deliver and collect it myself because they weren't running the collection program then.....that was a 200 mile round trip! It has the same problem but only worse so I wasted my time and petrol that first time. I'll kick up a fuss big time if they don't correct the problem this time around.
MacRy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2005, 05:09 AM   #7
weg
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromCanada
Here in Austria the manufacturer gets 2 chances to fix the problem. If the same problem occurs a 3rd time, you can demand that they give you your money back (if the product is still under warranty, of course).
Old Jul 28, 2005, 05:16 AM   #8
joecool85
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to joecool85
Quote:
Originally Posted by staticdisaster
Wow...makes me wish I had gotten AppleCare on my rev a PB when I bought it 2 years ago. Can you imagine going from a 867mhz PB to a 1.5ghz PB!!

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs