Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

splatman85

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 3, 2012
Currently I'm using a ViperTek 2 in 1 Executive Pen/Stylus combo (3rd down on this page to see what it is http://www.dustinmcole.com/tag/vipertek/) that I had used with my Kindle Fire for my New Ipad and while it's nice in firm as has a great tip it requires a bit more pressure to execute functions than I want.

I would like something that is high quality, doesn't wear much or has replaceable tips and that's not as heavy as a pen combo.
I was looking at the Hand Stylus (http://www.handstylus.com) but I'm not sure if it's gonna deliver on its quality or if it's even gonna come out soon/at all.

GerritV

macrumors 68020
May 11, 2012
Check out the Bamboo Stylus, I think it's safe to say this is a high quality product.

nightlong

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2012
Australia
Wacom bamboo has won all the stylus comparisons I've read. It's a great stylus and they do replaceable nibs in packs of three.

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
I do a lot of presenting and very happy with a case crown laser stylus. Laser at one end, cloth stylus point at other end like a Faraday. Very cool for $20

JonMPLS

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
MN
You might have to try a couple to see what fits your style best. I have a few around the house. The Bamboo is my favorite rubber based one, but for feel and quick response I REALLY like the iFaraday. I have 3 different iFaradays, and personally like the Artist.

splatman85

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 3, 2012
I've looked at the iFaraday..is the standard or hard tip better would you say?

JonMPLS

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
MN
I've looked at the iFaraday..is the standard or hard tip better would you say?

Sorry, but so far I have not tried the hard tip.

I have the Artist, the RXII and the SALT. Of these, I really like the Artist the best. All are really nice, but the Artist just seems to work best for me. What I like the best is that the iFaraday keeps up with me. The others I have tried end up leaving gaps when I write. Also, I like a light touch, and the iFaradays all work with a light touch. I do like the cap on the RXII, but still come back to the artist as my favorite.

handstylus

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2012
I'm the designer of the HAND Stylus, and I can assure you the HAND Stylus will begin shipping to its 7,500+ Kickstarter backers in just a few weeks. It's not uncommon for successful Kickstarter projects to be delayed by months... we're just a few weeks behind because we got 7X the orders we anticipated. The HAND Stylus has been independently reviewed by a half-dozen major tech websites, most recently on the Verge, and all the reviews have been very positive. So, I would suggest anyone whose skeptical do a Google search for "HAND Stylus reviews" and read what reviewers have written. Yes, it's tempting to just take the Kickstarter money and run off to Fiji, or some place that doesn't have an extradition agreement with the U.S., but that's not my modus operandi. I have an existing design company with a reputation that I'm putting on the line, and I will deliver, and soon! I respect being skeptical, and I've not delivered yet, but please give me a bit more time and I think the HAND Styluses shipped to the Kickstarter backers and that will be available at http://www.handstylus.com, will demonstrate that the HAND Stylus is everything it's billed to be. Regards, Steve King

splatman85

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 3, 2012
Oh Mr. King, Sorry if you took that the wrong way, I wasn't bashing your product at all..I actually made a purchase for it a week ago or so, just getting a little impatient on waiting for it to come is all :) I have actually read the review The Verge and other sources have made since this posting and realize it's a wonderfully designed product.

I'm the designer of the HAND Stylus, and I can assure you the HAND Stylus will begin shipping to its 7,500+ Kickstarter backers in just a few weeks. It's not uncommon for successful Kickstarter projects to be delayed by months... we're just a few weeks behind because we got 7X the orders we anticipated. The HAND Stylus has been independently reviewed by a half-dozen major tech websites, most recently on the Verge, and all the reviews have been very positive. So, I would suggest anyone whose skeptical do a Google search for "HAND Stylus reviews" and read what reviewers have written. Yes, it's tempting to just take the Kickstarter money and run off to Fiji, or some place that doesn't have an extradition agreement with the U.S., but that's not my modus operandi. I have an existing design company with a reputation that I'm putting on the line, and I will deliver, and soon! I respect being skeptical, and I've not delivered yet, but please give me a bit more time and I think the HAND Styluses shipped to the Kickstarter backers and that will be available at http://www.handstylus.com, will demonstrate that the HAND Stylus is everything it's billed to be. Regards, Steve King

GerritV

macrumors 68020
May 11, 2012
Very nice of you to chime in, Steve.
Thanks for giving us a rough idea about delivery time.
I'll check your site by the end of this year, to do my shopping ;)

i0Nic

macrumors 65816
May 17, 2006
Sydney, Australia
The best ones are:
- Bamboo iPad stylus (from Wacom)
- Cosmonaut stylus from Studio Neat (the makers of the Glif iPhone stand)
- LunaTik touch pen (from the makers of the TikTok iPod nano watch)

chris7777

macrumors 6502
Nov 27, 2008
The gosmart stylus is bar non the best for handwriting and detail. I have tried the wacom, and jot, and this one puts them in the grave.

TNThomas

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2012
The best ones are:
- Bamboo iPad stylus (from Wacom)
- Cosmonaut stylus from Studio Neat (the makers of the Glif iPhone stand)
- LunaTik touch pen (from the makers of the TikTok iPod nano watch)

The Cosmonaut is amazing! I own one and I am very pleased with it. No complains.

kyellowness

macrumors regular
Aug 6, 2012
Read about this one at Techcrunch and i thought it was really cool. Ten One's Pressure sensitive iPad stylus. Definitely getting one in October.

http://www.tenonedesign.com/connect.php

pd_connect_hero.jpg

GaresTaylan

macrumors 6502a
Nov 11, 2009
I think the Adonit Jot is pretty good. Or if want to be fancy go for the bluetooth one
http://www.tuaw.com/2012/03/05/ten-one-design-outs-ipad-3-pressure-sensitive-bluetooth-stylus/

I like my Adonit Jot Pro. The Bluetooth one is terrible, IMO tho.

I have been using my Hand Stylus for a few days. I like the quality, but I am not impressed with performance. The tip itself doesnt seem to be flush with the hard nub on the inside, so I have to press pretty hard to get it to register.

I dont take as many notes as I used to anymore and have not tested it in the work environment yet. I have only really tested it in Sketchbook Pro and Draw Something. For both, I prefer my Adonit Jot pro.

splatman85

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 3, 2012
I've tried a few more styluses and I still prefer the iFaraday's (http://www.ifaraday.com) more than anything. They just seem the most responsive and durable since the tips are made of a conductive cloth.

joekim1026

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2011
I have the go smart stylus and it is amazing! It works perfectly even with my power support hd anti glare on!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.