Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Jul 28, 2005, 09:13 AM   #1
iDM
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to iDM
iPod shuffle strong enough to power larger headphones?

Hello everyone I was wondering what if any peoples experiences were using larger headphones with the iPod shuffle, such as these

And also I know if anyone knew the answer then they'd have to be god, but what do people honestly think s going to happen with the shuffle. I'm not talking screen or no screen, i just mean do people think in the near future say before First Quarter 2006 that we'll see larger capacity/price drop in the shuffles?

I got my 3rd gen iPod 20gig stolen and I was thinking about getting a shuffle to hold me off until i get a real job and can buy a larger iPod(100 gig haha). Thanks in advance guys!

Last edited by iDM; Jul 28, 2005 at 10:41 AM.
iDM is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2005, 09:47 AM   #2
Mitthrawnuruodo

Why shouldn't it...?

I'm using Koss PortaPros with my mini, (they have roughly the same sensitivity 101dB/mW, Sony has 100dB/mW), and even if the Sony should draw a bit more power, thus limiting the battery life somewhat, there's no reason why they shouldnt work....
Old Jul 28, 2005, 09:51 AM   #3
gwuMACaddict
macrumors 68040

yes... they'll work...

but why? the sound quality of the shuffle is pretty weak... good for exercising, walking around, etc... not something you'd want to use decent headphones for... as in, i wouldn't use any headphones that cose more than $25 with my shuffle...
Old Jul 28, 2005, 10:13 AM   #4
applemacdude
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to applemacdude Send a message via AIM to applemacdude Send a message via MSN to applemacdude Send a message via Yahoo to applemacdude Send a message via Skype™ to applemacdude
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwuMACaddict
yes... they'll work...

but why? the sound quality of the shuffle is pretty weak... good for exercising, walking around, etc... not something you'd want to use decent headphones for... as in, i wouldn't use any headphones that cose more than $25 with my shuffle...
the sound that comes out of my shuffle sounds better than my 4g ipod
applemacdude is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2005, 10:30 AM   #5
iDM
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to iDM
Quote:
Originally Posted by applemacdude
the sound that comes out of my shuffle sounds better than my 4g ipod
I thought the consensus among iPod users was that the Shuffle sounds better then all generations of the iPod, something about how the Shuffle reproduces music better!?!? Thanks for the responses!
Old Jul 28, 2005, 10:32 AM   #6
quackattack
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwuMACaddict
yes... they'll work...

I totally disagree. I think the sound from the shuffle is actually the best quality of any iPod. If you dig around on some Hi-Fi boards, I think that you will find alot of people agree with me.

If you are worried about it having enough power you could always invest in a cheap headphone amp.

I can't say for sure, but I think that you will be fine driving these headphones.
"Be true to yourself, if it lands you in hell at least now you know."

Last edited by quackattack; Jul 28, 2005 at 10:50 AM.
quackattack is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2005, 10:33 AM   #7
gwuMACaddict
macrumors 68040

hmmm...

maybe it's just that i've only ever used it for running with cheap headphones...

hehe
Old Jul 28, 2005, 10:35 AM   #8
quackattack
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDM
I thought the consensus among iPod users was that the Shuffle sounds better then all generations of the iPod, something about how the Shuffle reproduces music better!?!? Thanks for the responses!
You beat me to it!

Also I gotta say, I love the idea of headphones being 10x the size of the source. That is a funny image!
"Be true to yourself, if it lands you in hell at least now you know."
quackattack is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod