Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Jul 29, 2005, 10:48 AM   #1
mrzeve
macrumors 6502a

Mmmm I made applications for iPods

I dont want this to be like a plug or anything but I made some programs for Windows iPod users about a year ago and I recoded them and everything and rereleased them today to the public for the first time in a while.

Both these programs were featured in publications like The New York Times, iPod and iTunes Hacks (book), Windows XP Hacks SE, and sites like ilounge.com.

I even made a bootleg press release! haha.
Quote:
(New York, New York) July 29th 2005, 12:00pm - Today Staylazy released a new version of their popular iPod programs.

Weather for Me, a program designed to download a 7 day forecast to your iPod has been updated to version 2.0. Weather for Me returns after a legal scuffle with Weather.com last summer. It returns with the MyForecast.com database which contains over 26,000 US cities and 32,000 International cities.

Also released was Canto Pod version 2.0. Canto Pod allows users to search for song lyrics and download them to their iPod. New in this version is the implemintation of LeosLyrics.com. Also, now in version 2.0 users can view the song files on their iPod, create a list of those songs, and automatically download those lyrics. Among these are many other features.

Staylazy also announced that begining sometime in the next few weeks they will be contributing all iTunes profit to a yet to be named AIDS foundation.

Both applications are available to download for free without limitation. They are compatible with all iPod generations, for any version of Windows.

For more information visit www.staylazy.net
But Id really just like to get everyones oppinions on it. Thanks!

Last edited by mrzeve; Jul 29, 2005 at 10:56 AM.
mrzeve is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2005, 10:53 AM   #2
ClarkeB
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Also released was Canto Pod version 2.0. Canto Pod allows users to search for song lyrics and download them to there iPod.
it would be a bit more professional if you spelt their correctly
iPod 4G/20GB
iPod shuffle 1G/512MB
ClarkeB is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2005, 10:57 AM   #3
mrzeve
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkeB
it would be a bit more professional if you spelt their correctly
Thank you mr magoo. Its funny cause I actually checked for a mistake like that and missed it.

Oh well dont write "professional" press releases at 3 in the morning from now on :-P
Old Jul 29, 2005, 11:09 AM   #4
javiercr
macrumors 6502

mac version?
Old Jul 29, 2005, 11:13 AM   #5
mrzeve
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by javiercr
mac version?
Im hoping to build a team of developers in the next few weeks so I can offer a macintosh version by December.

Yeah it takes a while to code. Been coding these updates since May =-o

Heres the article as seen in the NY Times back then : http://www.engineeredaudio.com/press/ipodarticle.pdf

Last edited by mrzeve; Jul 29, 2005 at 11:30 AM.
Old Jul 29, 2005, 11:31 AM   #6
cr2sh
macrumors 68030

It's nice and all.. and maybe its just me.. but why create a program for downloading detailed weather information to your ipod when you coud just glance at the weather website and know right away what the weather is going to be like for the next week?

If it were to download daily, automatically.. maybe. Or give me wireless up to the minute results... then for sure... but this doesn't seem like much use to me.

MBP (early' 11/2.2/16GB/500GB/hi-res-ag)
cr2sh is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2005, 02:28 PM   #7
wheezy
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr2sh
It's nice and all.. and maybe its just me.. but why create a program for downloading detailed weather information to your ipod when you coud just glance at the weather website and know right away what the weather is going to be like for the next week?

If it were to download daily, automatically.. maybe. Or give me wireless up to the minute results... then for sure... but this doesn't seem like much use to me.
Because you can also look at the window...

Good job on the programming achievement!
wheezy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2005, 08:38 PM   #8
mrzeve
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheezy
Because you can also look at the window...

Good job on the programming achievement!
Thanks man.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod