Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices

Old Jul 21, 2012, 03:16 PM   #1
fox10078
macrumors 6502

Galaxy Nexus on the way

Just purchased my Gnex off of Google play, Anyone else waiting on a shipment too?
Old Jul 21, 2012, 05:35 PM   #2
maflynn

I'm waiting for the next version of the nexus, just so I can decide, iPhone 5 or a LTE capable Nexus
Old Jul 21, 2012, 05:41 PM   #3
gsugolfer
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by maflynn View Post
I'm waiting for the next version of the nexus, just so I can decide, iPhone 5 or a LTE capable Nexus
This is my plan as well.
gsugolfer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2012, 05:55 PM   #4
ixodes
macrumors 601

I've got a FedEx confirmation, mine's arriving this Monday before 10am.

I was going to hold off, but with Apple playing the bully and blocking products from competing freely in the market place, I decided to buy now while it's available.

Hello Apple? Your tactics suck.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 05:58 PM   #5
Mac.World
Banned

I was very tempted to get the Nexus at $350 off contract and get the latest and greatest updates quickly, but ended getting the S3 instead.

I am still really tempted. If they drop it another $100 when the GNex 2 is released, I will get one. You guys are getting a great phone. Enjoy it.
Mac.World is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2012, 11:51 PM   #6
Orange Furball
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to Orange Furball
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac.World View Post
I was very tempted to get the Nexus at $350 off contract and get the latest and greatest updates quickly, but ended getting the S3 instead.

I am still really tempted. If they drop it another $100 when the GNex 2 is released, I will get one. You guys are getting a great phone. Enjoy it.
I don't think itll be the gnex 2. Either Samsung __________ Nexus or Samsung Nexus __________
Old Jul 22, 2012, 01:58 PM   #7
silentbob007
macrumors regular

I just ordered a Galaxy Nexus as well. My contract on my iPhone 4 is up in a few weeks and I've been set on either switching it over to StraightTalk or to Tmobile. I decided I'd give Android a try first ... while the Galaxy 3 is tempting with the removable memory and better specs, I didn't want to lock into another 2-year contract. The GN seems like a great deal for a contract-free phone right now, and I figured if I waited until the next one released, then of course it would be either on contract or an extra $300.

I figure that I'll get a few months of using the GN to determine whether or not I want to keep it or sell it and go back to iPhone and AT&T.
silentbob007 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2012, 02:45 PM   #8
fox10078
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentbob007 View Post
I figure that I'll get a few months of using the GN to determine whether or not I want to keep it or sell it and go back to iPhone and AT&T.
This was my thinking exactly, I'm due for an upgrade but I get to try Android without using that upgrade which is great if the next iPhone is amazing, and Android turns out to be not my cup of tea.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 03:06 PM   #9
Orange Furball
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to Orange Furball
Quote:
Originally Posted by fox10078 View Post
This was my thinking exactly, I'm due for an upgrade but I get to try Android without using that upgrade which is great if the next iPhone is amazing, and Android turns out to be not my cup of tea.
Plus if you keep it in good condition, the resale should be easy. The Nexus devices don't go down in value as fast as other Android phones

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices