Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > Mac Blog Discussion

Old Jul 25, 2012, 09:31 AM   #1
MacRumors
macrumors bot

Apple Updates iPhoto, iMovie and Aperture Alongside OS X Mountain Lion

Among other software updates released today in support of OS X Mountain Lion, Apple has also rolled out new versions of iPhoto, iMovie, and Aperture.

iPhoto 9.3.2 [Mac App Store]
Quote:
- Supports compatibility with OS X Mountain Lion
- Sharing options now include Messages and Twitter
- Includes performance and stability improvements
iMovie 9.0.7 [Mac App Store]
Quote:
- Fixes an issue related to third-party QuickTime components that could cause iMovie to quit unexpectedly
- Resolves stability issues when previewing MPEG-2 video clips in the Camera Import window
- Fixes an issue where audio was not included when importing MPEG-2 video clips from a camera
Aperture 3.3.2 [Mac App Store]
Quote:
- Fixes an issue that in rare cases could cause Aperture to hang or quit unexpectedly when upgrading libraries
Article Link: Apple Updates iPhoto, iMovie and Aperture Alongside OS X Mountain Lion
MacRumors is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2012, 09:32 AM   #2
Razeus
macrumors 68040

How about giving us Aperture 4? WTF?
Razeus is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2012, 09:33 AM   #3
SandboxGeneral

Sweet! This was an issue I reported here at MR and in a report to Apple that I had after the last update!

Quote:
iMovie
Fixes an issue where audio was not included when importing MPEG-2 video clips from a camera
Old Jul 25, 2012, 09:40 AM   #4
LastLine
macrumors 65816

Nice. Shame there's no iCloud journal option in iPhoto yet though.
LastLine is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2012, 09:42 AM   #5
MonkeySee....
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastLine View Post
Nice. Shame there's no iCloud journal option in iPhoto yet though.
I know. That will most likely come with iPhoto 12. Can't come soon enough!

Always keep the rhythm in your feet and a little party in your shoulders. - Phil Dunphy
MonkeySee.... is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2012, 09:43 AM   #6
CarlHeanerd
macrumors member

iWork update too.

Old Jul 25, 2012, 10:24 AM   #7
UnSainted
macrumors member

Send a message via AIM to UnSainted
Aperture 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post

Apple will probably not "give" us Aperture 4. We will probably have to purchase it again.
UnSainted is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2012, 10:33 AM   #8
b_scott
macrumors 6502

is Facebook now going to be an app in ML? Because it will be integrated into iOS6.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 10:35 AM   #9
ferrous
macrumors regular

Aperture Doomsday

For years I've been Aperture aficionado, but for a while I have been lacking some functionality and feel I'm loosing out to other programs. Like many people, I've been looking for Aperture 4, waiting, waiting... so I tried (free for a month) a couple days ago the Lightroom 4 for Mac and to my glad surprise I am very happy with it. I have started downloading my new shoots to Lightroom and I think I will end up using it instead of Aperture.

Same thing happened with iWeb, which I have used for publishing my photo business website. I think Apple is not putitng much effort in their software department.
ferrous is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2012, 10:54 AM   #10
cfs
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeySee.... View Post
I know. That will most likely come with iPhoto 12. Can't come soon enough!
Does this mean that currently all photos taken with idevices will be uploaded to our other devices/computers, but there is no way to organize them besides going into a computer to do this?

CFS
cfs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2012, 12:25 PM   #11
kd5jos
macrumors regular

Aperture 4...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
How about iWork upgrade instead of update. Aperture has had an upgrade since iWork 09 came out. WTF:ROYALY PISSED!
Old Jul 25, 2012, 12:48 PM   #12
tgara
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_scott View Post
is Facebook now going to be an app in ML? Because it will be integrated into iOS6.
Facebook will be integrated into ML in the fall. They couldn't get it done for today's release.

Quote:
This fall, OS X will be even more Facebook friendly. With built-in Facebook support, you can share what’s up with you right from the app you’re in. Post photos or links. Add comments and locations. Just sign in once, and you’re all set up. OS X adds your Facebook friends and their profile photos to Contacts so you can find them fast. When friends update their information on Facebook, it’s automatically updated on your Mac. Your Facebook notifications show up in Notification Center. And you can even update your status right from there.
tgara is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2012, 01:08 PM   #13
yojo056
macrumors newbie

software update issue

I ran into an issue with software update. Initially it listed the updates for iLife for Mountain Lion and I started downloading the patches. My internet connection had a disruption and the App Store claimed an error. Every-time I tried to re-scan for updates it just kept saying that I was all up to date, but iPhoto was still the old version.

Turns out that the softwareupdate tool is still available through the terminal. Using the command [sudo softwareupdate -i -a] fixed the issue and got all the updates downloading again.
yojo056 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2012, 01:30 PM   #14
Krazy Bill
Banned

Oh joy.

1GB iMovie, 700MB iPhoto. Seems I just did this a few weeks ago. These massive file sizes are killin' me with my crappy bandwidth.
Krazy Bill is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2012, 02:12 PM   #15
blackboxxx
macrumors member

It seems the dark icon from iPhoto 9.3.1 is replaced with the previous one!
Looks much better in the Dock.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 08:01 PM   #16
bigjnyc
macrumors 68040

Thats odd I fired up software update and saw all the new updates, started downloading them but then I got an error message. I quit app store then tried firing up software update and none of the updates are showing up.... Anyone else having issues
Old Sep 26, 2012, 05:18 PM   #17
nixpix2003
macrumors newbie

iLife '13 surely?

If iLife '11 was launched in Oct 2010, surely the next versions, whether released at the tail end of 2012 or next year, will be of iPhoto '13, iMovie '13 etc will be '13. Seems logical to me.
I'm still using iPhoto '09, am waiting for a new version before upgrading ('cos I'm really tight!)
nixpix2003 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > Mac Blog Discussion