Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

whatthefolk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 10, 2012
California
I've had my Apogee Duet for 3 years and it just stopped working. When I connect it to my MacBook, all of the lights on the unit will remain lit, but will not respond to my Mac at all. I've tried a different firewire cable, but it still will not function.

I've contacted Apogee Tech Support and they've stated that it may be the firewire circuitry which will require service. Since my warranty has expired, there will be a $75 diagnostics fee, which I assume, doesn't include the actual repair.

I've also been experiencing a couple other issues with the Duet for a while, so I am wondering if it will be worth moving forward with the service, or should I just sell it as-is and let the buyer deal with it?

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
I've also been experiencing a couple other issues with the Duet for a while, so I am wondering if it will be worth moving forward with the service, or should I just sell it as-is and let the buyer deal with it?

Repairing it will be cheaper than replacing it. If you want a working duet then get it fixed. I don't like the single knob user interface but if yu do then send it in.

bwhli

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2012
Boston, MA
I've had my Apogee Duet for 3 years and it just stopped working. When I connect it to my MacBook, all of the lights on the unit will remain lit, but will not respond to my Mac at all. I've tried a different firewire cable, but it still will not function.

I've contacted Apogee Tech Support and they've stated that it may be the firewire circuitry which will require service. Since my warranty has expired, there will be a $75 diagnostics fee, which I assume, doesn't include the actual repair.

Unless you plan on upgrading to the next level, I'd say repair it.

spentshell

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2015
byron bay

Hey man did you get it fixed, I bought a second hand one and its being noisy, where in Syd did you get fixed. Im in byron way. Cheers A
H

milliepuppy

macrumors member
May 23, 2010
... or want to upgrade to OS X 10.11 ... its no longer supported :(

.... fyi .. even though its not supported it still appears to be working post 10.11 upgrade .. .fingers crossed !! ... assume other registered users got the offer of 'buy a new duet and get a groove for free' ?

Luap

macrumors 65816
Jul 5, 2004
Keep in mind.. Bwhli bumped a 3 year old post, for some reason.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.