Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rockoar

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
I'm having problems using iStat Menus 3, I'm currently running version 3.24 (3.24) of the app which I purchased yesterday and was hoping maybe someone here could help me fix it. First, I try to use the "combined" view mode so my menu bar looks less clustered but whenever I put my Mac to sleep or switch between full-view and the normal view in an app's window the 'combined' iStat Menus icon in my menu bar changes automatically and starts showing a random stat icon, like CPU or memory (most of the times CPU information). I tried several configuration options and I was unable to stop this from happening every single time, although it happens more randomly now than before.

The other problem I got is that I use French as my primary language on my Mac so I can't choose in which language to run this particular app so I'm stuck with this horrendous (full of misspellings and incomplete words!) semi-translation which I can't stand. I tried to use a third-party app to change the language as the app itself doesn't allow this but was unable to do so. Does someone knows if this is even possible? I mean, to set it to English instead? without me having to set English as my primary system language. Thanks in advance.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.