Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

crowdaddy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 25, 2004
East Ontario
What are the specs of a good quality monitor? I am in the market for a monitor, a 19 incher, for my new PB for school, but with all the specs listed I dunno what to tell what from what. The only concern for me would be that ghosting during games is unacceptable. So, that being said, what kind of monitor specs would suit my needs?

orijinal

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2005
2005fpw! cheapest (in terms of price) in its range, it's great!

couple it with a 12" powerbook and you're good to go.

shadowmoses

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2005
Gots to be the Dell, no other monitor touches it in terms of what you are getting for the money.....get it and you definatly won't regret it!!!

ShadoW :)

ham_man

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2005
Either the Dell 2005FPW or the other Dell (model is slipping my mind - 1905 maybe?) 19 inch 4:3 ratio display. Hate to say it, but you can really not go wrong with a Dell in this situation...

Chef Medeski

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2005
New York, NY
ham_man said:
Either the Dell 2005FPW or the other Dell (model is slipping my mind - 1905 maybe?) 19 inch 4:3 ratio display. Hate to say it, but you can really not go wrong with a Dell in this situation...

I got the latter. Really hooked up nicely to my 12". Best part is I place my Powerbook in clamshell mode right on top of the foot of the monitor and I have tons of desk space. Best part though, is VGA and DVI, so I hooked up my desktop and laptop simultaneously and switch back with 5 flicks of buttons(Its sure isn't 1 button easy, but close enough). :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.