Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics

Old Aug 19, 2012, 03:45 PM   #1
Mcblack
macrumors newbie

Achitectural software

Hi, i've seen that the last thread is a bit old, so i wanted to ask again about opinion.

I've downloaded ArchiCad 16, SketchUp and Rhinoceros for mac (wich is in process right now). I've haven't tried them so much, and i wanted to know if their good options, and how to complet them for some rendering.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 12:46 PM   #2
Blarnld
macrumors newbie

A good place to start with SketchUp plugins.
http://sketchuprendering.com/renderi...-for-sketchup/
Blarnld is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2012, 05:01 PM   #3
twietee
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcblack View Post
Hi, i've seen that the last thread is a bit old, so i wanted to ask again about opinion.

I've downloaded ArchiCad 16, SketchUp and Rhinoceros for mac (which is in process right now). I've haven't tried them so much, and i wanted to know if their good options, and how to complet them for some rendering.
I dislike SketchUp, but mainly out of personal reasons. But I used it heavily when first released. Maybe they made vast improvements on it, I don't know and actually don't want to.

ArchiCAD is my favorite CAD by far; but I have to work with VektorWorks at the office, which is ok, has def. some advantages, but ArchiCAD is just the most elegant drwing-program that I know of. But pricey! I disliked AutoCAd for some reasons - it's more 'technical' than 'architectural' imho and less intuitive, can't explain that much better now as I stepped back immediately.

And Rhino, well I own it, but the Mac transfer takes just forever. I think it's 'in the process' about 5 years now, so that's it. I use it on a PC though and like it a lot.
twietee is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2012, 08:32 AM   #4
Mcblack
macrumors newbie

yeah, i think like you about autocad.

i'm learning some archicad, do you where can i find tutorials and somo introducting videos¿?
Old Aug 22, 2012, 11:59 AM   #5
twietee
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcblack View Post
i'm learning some archicad, do you where can i find tutorials and somo introducting videos¿?
Sorry, I don't. It was a mixture of learning by doing, fellow students and the studios I worked for back then. Aren't there any tutorials at the Graphisoft homepage? If you're completely on your own and have no knowledge at all, I'd advise you renting 1-2 books from the library.
twietee is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics