Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rickyyo2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 24, 2012
hey guys, theres some flashers going around flashing verizon/sprint iphone 4s to metro pcs, and i was wondering if anyone knows exactly how it works. Like once i have web and mms, will i be able to restore without losing data ? let me know some details of what anyone knows

RotaryP7

macrumors 6502a
Aug 31, 2011
Miami, FL
You can't use data on an iPhone that has been "flashed" to Metro PCS. So you'd need to be on wifi to receive any data or any mms.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Metro pcs lets any blacklisted lost/stolen verizon/sprint iphone to be activated on their network.
And they can be bought cheap on CL or ebay since they have bad ESN's.
Heard many people that use them that way but again, we're talking about metro pcs here.
Dont expect any decent service with them or to be able to hold a phone conversation for too long or open up any webpage in under an hour.:D Their prices are dirt cheap and they're basicly giving it away with no contract plans and $40 unlimited everything.

rickyyo2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 24, 2012
Metro pcs lets any blacklisted lost/stolen verizon/sprint iphone to be activated on their network.
And they can be bought cheap on CL or ebay since they have bad ESN's.
Heard many people that use them that way but again, we're talking about metro pcs here.
Dont expect any decent service with them or to be able to hold a phone conversation for too long or open up any webpage in under an hour.:D Their prices are dirt cheap and they're basicly giving it away with no contract plans and $40 unlimited everything.

thanks, but actually im metro pcs right now with a 4g esteem, and i love metro. never have any problems. and they use sprint 3g, so basically, its like having a iphone on sprint. and i dont drop any calls. but thanks for the details.

rickyyo2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 24, 2012
Great idea: pair one of the best phones out there with one of the worst networks out there....

get off my jock and stop hating. i asked a question, and if u dont like the question than dont answer. pretty simple.

Bobby Corwen

macrumors 68030
Jul 16, 2010
He's just making a comment that's all.
People have that freedom here you know. Maybe not what you wanted to hear but its the truth.

The truth is that metro PCS only works, you guessed it, in the Metro area. Metro PCS is like taking the bus. I'll stick to my AT&T thanks. Its worth the money. Why flash your phone and risk not getting MMS or data.

Don't you guys just feel safer on AT&T knowing you're getting the best most official sanctioned experience the way the iPhone was meant to be experienced.

Just stating the truth. People are allowed to do that.

(no but seriously how much is Metro PCS a month?)

rickyyo2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 24, 2012
The truth is that metro PCS only works, you guessed it, in the Metro area. Metro PCS is like taking the bus. I'll stick to my AT&T thanks. Its worth the money. Why flash your phone and risk not getting MMS or data.

Don't you guys just feel safer on AT&T knowing you're getting the best most official sanctioned experience the way the iPhone was meant to be experienced.

Just stating the truth. People are allowed to do that.

(no but seriously how much is Metro PCS a month?)

whatever you guys say lmfao. but anyway its 40 for the complete flash plan.

BiggAW

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Connecticut
For $45 you could have StraightTalk with nationwide AT&T coverage. Or you could have crap coverage on Metro. There are no good deals on Metro, given how poor their coverage is.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.