Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dontwalkhand

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I just checked the order status using the Apple Store app, and it said: Shipping Method: Holiday Shipping, Delivers by 9/21.

I just want to get my phone on time! What's Holiday Shipping supposed to mean? There's no holidays happening.

Also, still processing, not preparing for shipment yet.

Cody21

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2012
Knoxville, TN
Glad someone started a thread about this. Mine just switched to holiday shipping about 20 minutes ago. My delivery date is still the 21st though.

Sputnek

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2011
Florida - Ohio
I just noticed the same thing on my order status via iPhone app. When I look on my computer I noticed on some people's order pics that it states "Delivers: 9/21 via standard shipping" but mine just says "Delivers: 9/21" and is still in the "Processing stage".

I am just really confused as to when I am getting it, and what does "Shipping Method: Holiday Shipping" mean? I hope they mean they will be using the so-said legendary Santa sleigh and send ours faster haha.

Ordered at: 3:18 AM EST
Received confirmation email at: 3:23 AM EST

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
I just noticed the same thing on my order status via iPhone app. When I look on my computer I noticed on some people's order pics that it states "Delivers: 9/21 via standard shipping" but mine just says "Delivers: 9/21" and is still in the "Processing stage".

I am just really confused as to when I am getting it, and what does "Shipping Method: Holiday Shipping" mean? I hope they mean they will be using the so-said legendary Santa sleigh and send ours faster haha.

Ordered at: 3:18 AM EST
Received confirmation email at: 3:23 AM EST

You will get it on the 21st.

If I had to guess, holiday shipping refers to a release day delivery, meaning FedEx will hold the package until the 21st.

renesandy

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2011
New York City
Quick question, did any of y'all change the shipping address/name?

I just did, and it changed my order from Standard Shipping to Holiday Shipping. :confused:
No biggie, I'm sure it'll be here on the 21st. Still processing!
:apple:

tmerritt530

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2008
Kansas
I ordered at 2:10 am central. All day it said processing items, delivers 9/21 via standard shipping.

Still processing, but now shows delivers 9/21 via shipping method: Holiday Shipping

I have not changed anything since my initial order.

blacksunset

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2012
Quick question, did any of y'all change the shipping address/name?

I just did, and it changed my order from Standard Shipping to Holiday Shipping. :confused:
No biggie, I'm sure it'll be here on the 21st. Still processing!
:apple:

I fixed my shipping address, as what they had was wrong cos they didn't carry across the "1/2" on Apple.com

I'm still processing and have had holiday shipping for a few hours now.

ematsui

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2009
Yes, just got off the phone with apple store customer service and she confirmed that.

But what does it mean. Rush order? How are our orders any diff then the other preorders that we're promised 9/21 delivery?

shurgie

macrumors regular
May 16, 2008
LI
But what does it mean. Rush order? How are our orders any diff then the other preorders that we're promised 9/21 delivery?

She said it's something the carrier may have changed, I'm guessing she means UPS/FedEx. I know I live in a small area so they may have to rush it because I am not by an area that would normally get fast service. But who know, I know what she told me and that is all. She said I will get it on the 21st and I'm set to believe her, because why not, sounds better than getting it later right?

Anyway, if you wanna call about your specific order the wait time wasn't that long when I called a few minutes ago so I would call ASAP.

sulpfiction

macrumors 68040
Aug 16, 2011
Philadelphia Area
Just checked mine..I ordered and got confirmation at 3:04am EST.

Preparing for shipment, delivered 9/21 via standard shipping.

I'm sure holiday shipping means it has to get there by the 21st, so they better get their a$$es in gear and get them orders pulled and ready for shipment.

clickart

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2007
Mine says delivery 9/21 with a holiday shipping. I better get mine on the 21sf, I'll be pissed lol.. It's still processing

dave006

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2008
Just West of East
Yes, Holiday Shipping is a very good thing.

It means that Apple changed your "Standard Free Delivery" to 2-3 business day shipping just like they due or "Christmas" aka Holiday Shipping.

Relax and stop calling Apple.

Dave

clickart

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2007
Yes, Holiday Shipping is a very good thing.

It means that Apple changed your "Standard Free Delivery" to 2-3 business day shipping just like they due or "Christmas" aka Holiday Shipping.

Relax and stop calling Apple.

Dave
Thanks! All that matters to me is that I receive my phone on time!

myworld2008

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2008
Just talk to apple support. he said it's next day shipment. some order may have changed to be delivery on sept 21.
So as far as your order delivery data is Sept 21, You will 100% get it on 21st he said.

So don't worry, Be happy..lol

agenda893

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2004
I changed the shipping address the morning after I placed the order on both of my phones, 1 white 16GB and 1 black 32GB. The white one is showing that it's Processing and will come via Holiday shipping. The black one is showing Preparing for Shipment vis Standard shipping. Not sure why they are both different.

dontwalkhand

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I changed the shipping address the morning after I placed the order on both of my phones, 1 white 16GB and 1 black 32GB. The white one is showing that it's Processing and will come via Holiday shipping. The black one is showing Preparing for Shipment vis Standard shipping. Not sure why they are both different.

I think it depends on whether the people at Apple have printed the shipping label yet to put on your box. When it says Holiday Shipping, they could have gotten your label and box ready to ship out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.