Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ihonda

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 17, 2009
...and you know this how?

because unless the home button is right on the metal frame there is no way this is cut properly.

either the home button was moved down close to the bezel or the screen protector is cut wrong and based upon all the pics online of the iphone the screen is cut wrong.

IllIllIll

macrumors 65816
Oct 2, 2011
Exactly what pictures are you basing these accusations on?

Maybe you should come up with better proof before going around slandering a company?

IllIllIll

macrumors 65816
Oct 2, 2011
OK, let me get this straight. You post up a public service "warning" about some company that may be making iPhone 5 screen protectors that won't fit the iPhone 5 screen, and when people ask questions you tell THEM to do a search? I suspect you must be some competitor that's out to damage the reputation of others...

That said, I did a search and didn't find anything unusual. This is what's pictured on the Amazon link you yourself posted:

418cuDs8i9L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

What's so bad about these?

ihonda

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 17, 2009
Hard to verify the space between bottom of home button and where glass ends. I'm telling you tho that the screen protectors are cut short. I do not represent any company either wtf..

Edit: screen protector is only coming out to 121.38 not 123.83

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
LOL wait until the iPhone comes out you're acting like you have it in hand. Some front screen protectors are cut short of the edge of the screen so cases fit with them.

IllIllIll

macrumors 65816
Oct 2, 2011
Hard to verify the space between bottom of home button and where glass ends. I'm telling you tho that the screen protectors are cut short. I do not represent any company either wtf..

What is the source of your information? Post it up or shut up. So far nothing you've claimed in this thread is verifiable. Until you can put up some proof, I'd lay off on the accusations. So far the only thing I suspect at this point is that you're a liar.

boshii

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2008
Atlanta, GA

123.83 is the measurement from end to end of the phone, not the measurement of the screen. You have to subtract the thickness of the edge of the casing as well as account for the amount cut off to allow the protector to fully adhere to the screen.

If they made the screen protectors the exact size of the screen, there will be no room for error.

ihonda

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 17, 2009
like i said, these dont fit.. and to make it worse they are cut so terrible that it covers the facetime camera. WTF

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.