Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zursch

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2012
I have a Cube running 10.5.8 with the original round speaker. Wanted to also run the iSub. Found a "fix" which replaced kexts from previous version. Long story short, now speakers don't make a sound. They are recognized in the system profiler, but not in the preferences pane. Any ideas?

havokalien

macrumors 6502a
Apr 27, 2006
Kelso, Wa
Easiest bet is go back to 10.4.11 because the cube, even though people make it work the cube had no specific code (as it is a low power unit with high power USB ports in comparison) to regular G4's. if you have an accelerator or tricked the os to install on cube it's gonna be a crap shoot.

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
I don't believe you can run the Cube speakers and an iSub at the same time. The drivers are simply not able to do that.

Easiest bet is go back to 10.4.11 because the cube, even though people make it work the cube had no specific code (as it is a low power unit with high power USB ports in comparison) to regular G4's. if you have an accelerator or tricked the os to install on cube it's gonna be a crap shoot.

Leopard has all the needed code to work 100% as fine as Tiger. There is nothing missing.

666sheep

macrumors 68040
Dec 7, 2009
Poland
I don't believe you can run the Cube speakers and an iSub at the same time. The drivers are simply not able to do that.

You can. This limit was in OS 9. OS X drivers do allow that. I don't have iSub to test but Cubeowner FAQs usually don't lie ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.