Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Sep 26, 2012, 01:55 AM   #1
yidan82
macrumors newbie

Trading my white iphone 5 for a black one

So today I posted on craigslist that I would like to trade my white iphone 5 for a black one. I was tired of waiting for AT&T to replenish their stock so I could switch it out. Someone responded to my post and we met up to do the switch. When I got home I plugged the phone into itunes and started a restore and to my surprise I had the following message pop up on the screen, "Congratuations, your iphone has been unlocked" Apparently this individual had a factory unlocked iphone that he traded for a factory locked one so I guess i come up one on the trade!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-09-25 at 10.27.09 PM.png
Views:	450
Size:	432.8 KB
ID:	363257  
yidan82 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2012, 02:00 AM   #2
jk4lebron23
macrumors 6502a

as much as i LOVE my white 5 i tried this...so far...no response but i don't really care just thought i would see if anyone was interested
Old Nov 7, 2012, 09:04 AM   #3
Kovax
macrumors newbie

Me TOO

I too have a white iPhone5 but wanted the black one. I did the pre-order and was half asleep and didn't realize it until I check in on it before it was delivered. I had a white 3Gs and a black 4. I like the black one better.
I just put a craigslist post out there to see if i get any takers.

*fingers crossed*
Kovax is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 09:18 AM   #4
destiny909090
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovax View Post
I too have a white iPhone5 but wanted the black one. I did the pre-order and was half asleep and didn't realize it until I check in on it before it was delivered. I had a white 3Gs and a black 4. I like the black one better.
I just put a craigslist post out there to see if i get any takers.

*fingers crossed*
http://www.ebay.com/itm/200832435622...84.m1439.l2649

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by yidan82 View Post
So today I posted on craigslist that I would like to trade my white iphone 5 for a black one. I was tired of waiting for AT&T to replenish their stock so I could switch it out. Someone responded to my post and we met up to do the switch. When I got home I plugged the phone into itunes and started a restore and to my surprise I had the following message pop up on the screen, "Congratuations, your iphone has been unlocked" Apparently this individual had a factory unlocked iphone that he traded for a factory locked one so I guess i come up one on the trade!!!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/200832435622...84.m1439.l2649

destiny909090 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 11:04 PM   #5
Ben01010
macrumors newbie

I wanna trade my AT&T black 16GB black iphone 5 for a white one... Just got it two days ago
Ben01010 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 11:28 PM   #6
It'sMyPrecious
macrumors regular

Lol when I was stuck with the black 4s I wanted to trade for a white one

I would never trade my white 5 for a black.

And I wish I had gone with AT&T. Unlocking AT&T phones is so much easier. I mean, you can just pay five bucks for someone to do it. However, I'm stuck with Verizon. Boo.
It'sMyPrecious is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2012, 11:41 PM   #7
sundog925
macrumors 6502a

Call me crazy but why the $!@k would you buy one color just to trade it? Why not just order, wait and buy the color you want or just wait? Seems so STUPID to take a risk.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sMyPrecious View Post
Lol when I was stuck with the black 4s I wanted to trade for a white one

I would never trade my white 5 for a black.

And I wish I had gone with AT&T. Unlocking AT&T phones is so much easier. I mean, you can just pay five bucks for someone to do it. However, I'm stuck with Verizon. Boo.
Verizon unlocks phones too bro so I dunno where your coming with that nonsense.
sundog925 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 01:19 PM   #8
weesy
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk4lebron23 View Post
as much as i LOVE my white 5 i tried this...so far...no response but i don't really care just thought i would see if anyone was interested
i did the same, put a post out on craigslist. i actually do want to trade tho. no luck
weesy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 01:28 PM   #9
TedM
macrumors 6502

That's a pretty sweet trade.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 02:03 PM   #10
FixBrokeni
macrumors member

Why not just do a color conversion and avoid all of the hassle and risk of meeting someone you found on Craigslist?
FixBrokeni is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 02:07 PM   #11
SnowLeopard OSX
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by yidan82 View Post
I miss iTunes 10!
iPhone |4S White/16GB/ iOS 7.0|3G White/16GB iOS 8.0
SnowLeopard OSX is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 02:46 PM   #12
weesy
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FixBrokeni View Post
Why not just do a color conversion and avoid all of the hassle and risk of meeting someone you found on Craigslist?
thats what i was looking to do actually! but i haven't found a website or store or anywhere that seems to be offering it for a 5. every where i've checked either says coming soon or doesn't even offer it
weesy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 08:39 PM   #13
FixBrokeni
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by weesy View Post
thats what i was looking to do actually! but i haven't found a website or store or anywhere that seems to be offering it for a 5. every where i've checked either says coming soon or doesn't even offer it
We're launching our iPhone 5 services very shortly, one of which will be color conversions. I'll be sure to PM you when they're up.
FixBrokeni is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 09:41 PM   #14
AutoUnion39
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELMNT925 View Post
Call me crazy but why the $!@k would you buy one color just to trade it? Why not just order, wait and buy the color you want or just wait? Seems so STUPID to take a risk.[COLOR="#808080"]
What's wrong with that? It's the best part about craigslist. If you're bored with something, trade it. When the S3 first came out, it was impossible to find a blue one, so I jumped on a white one. I put up an ad on CL and in a week, I had traded for a blue one.
AutoUnion39 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone