Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jeephemi57

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 27, 2012
So. My iPhone 5 has been "out for delivery" from a depot about 20 minutes away from my house, for the past 2 days. I called UPS and they told me to call Apple and request them to "trace" the package.

Apple see's that this is not usual at all and they have reason believe the package has been lost during travel...

I'm venting but has this ever happened to anyone else?

Jeephemi57

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 27, 2012
Apple will make the situation right and get you a new one. I have had only wonderful service with them.

I sure hope so. My i4 is giving me issues and I actually, need, more than want a new phone if you know what i mean.

----------

Man, that sucks. Ask apple to send you another one.

Until they confirm it's lost, they can't do anything. The guy i talked to was awesome and told me worst case scenario they can have a store hold one for me as they arrive for stock.

Jeephemi57

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 27, 2012
Apparently regardless of what happens they will not leave the phone in my mailbox even if i have a pre-sign form. I work full-time so can't sign. Can apple just reserve me one at the store do you think? Due to this clusterfu*k.

They've lost my phone because they chose the cheapest method to ship the thing, over-loaded UPS, and now these 1st world problems are coming out:p

BWilly68

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2012
I sure hope so. My i4 is giving me issues and I actually, need, more than want a new phone if you know what i mean.

----------

Until they confirm it's lost, they can't do anything. The guy i talked to was awesome and told me worst case scenario they can have a store hold one for me as they arrive for stock.

Same thing happened to me. Apple has not been awesome. I'm on the list to get one like everyone else. Nevermind the fact that I preordered and did so before friends of mine who received theirs LAST Friday, and mine wasn't even shipped by then. Disgruntled at the moment.

**update. Apple emailed me and said it is expedited and will be here in a week.

Last edited:

Jeephemi57

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 27, 2012
They only emailed me saying they've opened an investigation with ups. It will be a millennium before I see my phone lol

drifttek

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2012
Happened to me today. UPS has no idea what is going on. UPS customer service is so garbage.

bwhli

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2012
Boston, MA
So. My iPhone 5 has been "out for delivery" from a depot about 20 minutes away from my house, for the past 2 days. I called UPS and they told me to call Apple and request them to "trace" the package.

Apple see's that this is not usual at all and they have reason believe the package has been lost during travel...

I'm venting but has this ever happened to anyone else?

Hope it all works out for you! Let us know what happens.

nostresshere

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2010
It happens, of course.

When a company deals with millions of packages each DAY, some will get lost. It happens.

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
If the depot is only 20 minutes away could you not arrange to collect it from them ?

Hope all goes ok with the 2nd delivery Dude.

Jeephemi57

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 27, 2012
If the depot is only 20 minutes away could you not arrange to collect it from them ?

Hope all goes ok with the 2nd delivery Dude.

Unfortunately it was stolen off the truck. I never thought that would happen.

They sent me an email saying it shipped from china, and I'll see it Tuesday on worldwide Express shipping

Mekker

macrumors newbie
Aug 11, 2012
Denmark
I drove to the store where I should have picked up my phone yesterday, but the whole batch of iPhone 5 to this particulary store got stolen. So no iPhone for me so far :(

This was a Telia shop in Denmark.

Jeephemi57

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 27, 2012
I sure hope that the carrier has a way to blacklist all of the stolen phones.

I mean if you steal one, it's instant $650-$1000 profit. Now Apple has to send replacements out to take the place of stolen ones. So they're losing profit (Even though they only cost around $200 to make).

Rocko1

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2011
UPS and Fedex packages have always had issues with being stolen. Many times it is employees. Crooks.

BFizzzle

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2010
Austin TX

----------

maybe so, but you dont need an iphone. you can always get a differnt phone if you need one now... if you know what i mean. whats the expected ship date for it? the one thats lost

apple will send you a new one. dont worry, my ipad 3 was lost in transit (so they thought) apple sent me a new one the day i called. The original one that was "lost" actually showed up on the launch day. and apple just had me send back the replacement i got a few days later.

Jeephemi57

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 27, 2012
maybe so, but you dont need an iphone. you can always get a differnt phone if you need one now... if you know what i mean. whats the expected ship date for it? the one thats lost

apple will send you a new one. dont worry, my ipad 3 was lost in transit (so they thought) apple sent me a new one the day i called. The original one that was "lost" actually showed up on the launch day. and apple just had me send back the replacement i got a few days later.

Understood, and agreed. In no way do i NEED a phone.
I'm seeing by Oct. 2nd I'll have it. Before 12PM is guaranteed by UPS International Express for the NEW one.
The old one showed 9/26

drifttek

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2012
After having my first iphone 5 lost, i get my replacement after 2 weeks. I activate the replacement iphone 5

Today i get an email from apple saying that my lost iphone will get activated in 15 days if I don't do anything. That means whoever stole my phone or whoever has it will get my number, and I'll lose the number from my phone.

After an hr on the phone, Apple doesn't know what is going on. Apple customer service is starting to be pretty garbage.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.