Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Oct 6, 2012, 11:31 AM   #1
tianh2002
macrumors newbie

ipod nano gen 7th - how to change song quickly??

I'm thinking about buying the new ipod nano 7th gen. I love the ipod nano on the 4th generation because i can change the song back and forth without looking at the ipod (buy just tapping the forward and backward button). Do you know if i change the song on the ipod nano 7th generation by click the volume rocker? or by sleep/wake button? I need to change the song quickly without looking at it?

thanks
tianh2002 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2012, 11:50 AM   #2
G-Money
macrumors member

Well, it hasn't been released yet, so no one knows the answer to your question.

That being said, the 6G Nano lets you quickly skip forward a song by double-pressing the sleep/wake button. I would imagine that you would have the same (or a similar) option on the 7G Nano.
G-Money is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2012, 12:50 PM   #3
Hexiii
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by tianh2002 View Post
I'm thinking about buying the new ipod nano 7th gen. I love the ipod nano on the 4th generation because i can change the song back and forth without looking at the ipod (buy just tapping the forward and backward button). Do you know if i change the song on the ipod nano 7th generation by click the volume rocker? or by sleep/wake button? I need to change the song quickly without looking at it?

thanks
I think there is a button in the middle of up/down volume buttons, which works like on the remote of earphones. So when you double-click it, it changes the song forward and when you triple-click, it changes the song backwards.
Hexiii is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2012, 03:23 PM   #4
musicpenguy
macrumors 6502a

Yea the headphones provide one easy way to do that - there may be the sleep/wake button as well.
Old Oct 7, 2012, 05:49 AM   #5
Hexiii
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicpenguy View Post
Yea the headphones provide one easy way to do that - there may be the sleep/wake button as well.
I didn't mean just the headphones, there's also a button on the nano in between the volume buttons. At least it looks that way.
Hexiii is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2012, 04:28 PM   #6
darknessangel
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tianh2002 View Post

thanks
You have to use something like a morse code on he button between th volume rocker. double click, hold, etc. Good luck, I still have one with click wheel !
darknessangel is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2012, 06:56 PM   #7
Jessica Lares
macrumors 604

From the manual:

Quote:
  • Turn the screen on or off while you listen to music or other audio - Press the Sleep/Wake button.
  • Turn iPod nano off completely, or to turn it back on - Hold down the Sleep/Wake button for a few seconds.
  • Adjust the volume while listening to songs or other media - Press the Volume Up or Volume Down button. These buttons also control the volume for alerts and other sounds.
  • Play or pause audio - Press the Play/Pause button.
  • Skip to the next audio track - Press the Play/Pause button twice.
  • Skip to the previous audio track - Press the Play/Pause button three times.
  • Return to the Home screen - Press the Home button.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod