Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hob

macrumors 68010
Oct 4, 2003
London, UK
Damn! I was hoping to be the first to notice!

Ah well, I'll report back once updated - I hope it fixes the image of doom!

Makosuke

macrumors 604
Aug 15, 2001
The Cool Part of CA, USA
Safari 1.3.1 is also showing up for 10.3 users:

"Safari version 1.3.1 for Mac OS X Panther improves website compatibility, application stability and support for 3rd party web applications."

Does anybody know if the Panther Safari tree has the most modern rendering engine now that they've opensourced it, or is it just getting minor fixes to whatever branch it is? This sort of implies that they've updated the rendering engine, and it'd be nice if they did (after all, you could always install it manually if you're savvy enough), but...

hob

macrumors 68010
Oct 4, 2003
London, UK
The Image of Doom still crashes my updated safari.

The SU description was very minimal - I wonder what the point of the update was?!

swissmann

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2003
The Utah Alps
I hope this fixes my problems. I have been having major problems ever since an Excel file when I sent it to print would cause a kernel panic. I tried a number of things before resorting to an archive and install of the OS. Now I freeze and need to hard boot a few times a day. It looked as if Safari was the problem, but hard to tell just because I use it so often. If this doesn't fix it, I'm hoping 10.4.3 comes quickly and if that doesn't it looks like an erase and install. Rarely have problems but when I do, Aaaaarggghhhh.

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
Well I tried the new Safari for a little while navigating and closing tabs from a site with some shady CGI programming that has tended to crash Safari every now and then when I close a tab. So far no sign of crashing, and Safari actually feels a bit snappier (sorry, but I had to say it :eek:) when navigating the site. Maybe all those crash reports have finally payed off... :D

Edit: Spoke to soon on the crash bit... :( Just had another... :mad: Now I'm actually starting to look forward to Firefox 1.5.

darkwing

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2004
Finally! After using a Mac since Jaguar, the idiots at Apple and Macromedia have finally made a flash player that can play flash games and ads without spinning 100% of my cpu. Sonic flash, here I come.

epochblue

macrumors 68000
Aug 12, 2005
Nashville, TN
Nothing noticable

I wasn't having any problems before, and I'm not having any problems now. I haven't checked the RAM usage or anything else, however. Day-to-day browsing is wholly unaffected, though.

..still crashes on IoD, though.

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
dowloading now - another reboot needed , gonna have to wait from my quark express trial to finish first though.

lets hope it speeds safari up a little

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
PithHelmut appears to still work. No problems here, as also my Safari doesn't crash on the IoD. Maybe I am the lucky few.

Edit: Thanks moderators, for not deleting this post.

Object-X

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2004
It's broken

Now Safari doesn't work. :mad: Apple's site won't let me download the browser so now I'm screwed. How can I get the old Safari back? This update corrupted my browser. Beware!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.