Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:22 PM   #1
Zmanbaseball2
macrumors 68040

IPod touch 5G Pre-Order From Amazon.com

Anyone preorder the iPod Touch 5G from amazon.com
When will I get my new iPod touch 5G from amazon.com
Mine is not shipped yet.
32 GB White

Last edited by Zmanbaseball2; Oct 10, 2012 at 09:36 PM.
Zmanbaseball2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:29 PM   #2
crono3
macrumors newbie

I preordered mine from Amazon soon after they were announced (64gb black) to save on tax. Mine still hasn't shipped either and their website still says the item is not yet released.

Since the iPod Touch is starting to show up in Apple stores I can't imagine it'll be much longer before Amazon gets their stock in. I'm hoping every day
crono3 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:37 PM   #3
Zmanbaseball2
macrumors 68040

Really annoying, everyday after school I check and check. And it's still up for Pre order...
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:22 PM   #4
jintsurugi
macrumors newbie

most likely friday because right now only certain apple store carry them and most reseller should receive their shipment on friday. I contacted macmall.com (where I ordered mines) and they said their shipment is arriving friday
jintsurugi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:52 PM   #5
C5-9
macrumors newbie

Still no word

It would be nice to know when.
C5-9 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:17 PM   #6
crono3
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by C5-9 View Post
I hear ya... this entire iPod Touch "launch" has been a big guessing game. At least now we know they're shipping, showing up in stores, and running TV ads. It can't be far off
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:30 PM   #7
LadyX
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by C5-9 View Post
I emailed an Amazon customer representative and she said that they'll start shipping the iPod Touch 5G once it gets officially released in stores. She said if you choose 1 or 2 day shipping, you'll get it on release day.

Did Apple confirm an exact release date? If so, when is it?
LadyX is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:41 PM   #8
crono3
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyX View Post
I emailed an Amazon customer representative and she said that they'll start shipping the iPod Touch 5G once it gets officially released in stores. She said if you choose 1 or 2 day shipping, you'll get it on release day.

Interesting... I have 2-day shipping on mine. But I still don't think there was ever an actual release "date", so who knows what that means. I hope they don't have them in stock and they're just waiting for some date to roll around
Old Oct 11, 2012, 08:42 AM   #9
Ozonekill
macrumors newbie

If it's anything like the 4g launch, expect to be waiting awhile even if you have 2 day shipping.
Ozonekill is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2012, 01:25 PM   #10
Bob Coxner
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by jintsurugi View Post
most likely friday because right now only certain apple store carry them and most reseller should receive their shipment on friday. I contacted macmall.com (where I ordered mines) and they said their shipment is arriving friday
I called a few minutes ago and Macmall told me Friday the 19th was the earliest they expected a delivery.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 02:50 PM   #11
jintsurugi
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Coxner View Post
I called a few minutes ago and Macmall told me Friday the 19th was the earliest they expected a delivery.
The person i contacted on monday said the 19th then I contacted them again on tuesday and that guy said the 12th and they will be shipping the ipods out on the same day as well

I'm guessing the 19th was the "estimated" date and was later changed to the 12th because Apple began shipping out the iPods out this week and MacMall probably didn't know when the release date was so they guess it was the 19th. Probably the rep that you talked to didn't receive the update
jintsurugi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2012, 03:06 PM   #12
LordRahl72
macrumors newbie

I am patiently waiting for Amazon as well. I have never had an issue with them so if I have to wait a few extra days so be it.
LordRahl72 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2012, 04:03 PM   #13
Zmanbaseball2
macrumors 68040

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordRahl72 View Post
I am patiently waiting for Amazon as well. I have never had an issue with them so if I have to wait a few extra days so be it.
I just cancelled the order of the iPod touch 5g because i called the apple store at the palisades mall in NY has it in stock for purchase
Old Oct 11, 2012, 05:40 PM   #14
crono3
macrumors newbie

If they don't ahold them out by Saturday I'm going to see if I can find one locally at an Apple store in Miami. It seems the 64gb versions are a bit rarer ai we'll see. I'd rather get it from Amazon though and save about $30!
Old Oct 13, 2012, 09:28 PM   #15
crono3
macrumors newbie

An update: I still hadn't heard anything from Amazon this morning so I went out to the local Apple store (at The Falls in Miami) and they had the black in 64gb! Bought it on the spot and have been enjoying it ever since. The only way I could be happier was if it was available in 128gb... everything else is wonderful! I absolutely LOVE the shape, new back material, and lightweight feel of it. This is lightyears ahead of my 3g!

Amazon really dropped the ball on this one... I'm sure many people are canceling their pre-orders and picking them up at the store.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 09:31 PM   #16
Zmanbaseball2
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by crono3 View Post
An update: I still hadn't heard anything from Amazon this morning so I went out to the local Apple store (at The Falls in Miami) and they had the black in 64gb! Bought it on the spot and have been enjoying it ever since. The only way I could be happier was if it was available in 128gb... everything else is wonderful! I absolutely LOVE the shape, new back material, and lightweight feel of it. This is lightyears ahead of my 3g!

Amazon really dropped the ball on this one... I'm sure many people are canceling their pre-orders and picking them up at the store.
What do you fill the iPod touch up with
Old Oct 13, 2012, 10:12 PM   #17
ninaco
macrumors regular

Quote:

I doubt it's Amazon's fault. Apple probably hasn't supplied them yet. Apple's bound to make more money selling them directly to consumers, so they're milking it through at least the first week.
ninaco is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2012, 11:11 PM   #18
Ozonekill
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninaco View Post
I doubt it's Amazon's fault. Apple probably hasn't supplied them yet. Apple's bound to make more money selling them directly to consumers, so they're milking it through at least the first week.
I didn't get my iPod touch 4g from amazon till 3 weeks after the apple stores got them. If you can wait you will pay no tax.
Ozonekill is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2012, 11:15 PM   #19
cnev3
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zmanbaseball2 View Post
Anyone preorder the iPod Touch 5G from amazon.com
When will I get my new iPod touch 5G from amazon.com
Mine is not shipped yet.
32 GB White
Why you askin us? Contact Amazon.
cnev3 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2012, 11:45 PM   #20
C5-9
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyX View Post

Quote:
Interesting... I have 2-day shipping on mine. But I still don't think there was ever an actual release "date", so who knows what that means. I hope they don't have them in stock and they're just waiting for some date to roll around
Amazon status is now "shipping soon"... can't wait!
C5-9 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2012, 11:46 PM   #21
Plutonius
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozonekill View Post
I didn't get my iPod touch 4g from amazon till 3 weeks after the apple stores got them. If you can wait you will pay no tax.
Amazon is charging sales taxes in many states and will be charging taxes in all the states (that have taxes) within a year (so enjoy your tax free orders while you can).

Some of us also don't have sales tax in our state so we can get a new iPod Touch 5 right now at our Apple stores without paying taxes :P.
Plutonius is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2012, 12:18 AM   #22
Androidfan1x
macrumors regular

i live in california, so
- amazon charges taxes
- apple charges taxes
- newegg charges taxes
- bestbuy charges taxes
- newegg charges taxes
- office depot charges taxes

can't think of any store that doesn't charge taxes in CA
Androidfan1x is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2012, 07:36 AM   #23
Zmanbaseball2
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Androidfan1x View Post
i live in california, so
- amazon charges taxes
- apple charges taxes
- newegg charges taxes
- bestbuy charges taxes
- newegg charges taxes
- office depot charges taxes

can't think of any store that doesn't charge taxes in CA
You said newegg twice lol
Old Oct 14, 2012, 08:09 AM   #24
GoodBoy
macrumors 6502

Quote:
I preordered mine from Amazon soon after they were announced (64gb black) to save on tax. Mine still hasn't shipped either and their website still says the item is not yet released.

Since the iPod Touch is starting to show up in Apple stores I can't imagine it'll be much longer before Amazon gets their stock in. I'm hoping every day
How is it that you can save tax?
GoodBoy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2012, 09:01 AM   #25
LordRahl72
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zmanbaseball2 View Post
What do you fill the iPod touch up with

If he is anything like me has likely has lots of apps and music. All the apps I own is well over 100GB, music alone is 330GB. So yeah many of us would surly love an iPod touch with far greater storage capability.
LordRahl72 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch